heart rate monitot

Options
Any suggestions for a low(er) cost HRM? I would really love one but don't wanna/can't spend a ton of money.
Thanks!

Replies

• Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have this one and am very happy with it. http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT4
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it! It goes on sale on Amazon a lot, the lowest I've seen it is around $60.
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thanks! :)
  • asangh
    asangh Posts: 32
    Options
    Polar FT4! I love mine so much! I got mine from Amazon as well, it's a lot cheaper that way compared to in-store prices!
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4! I randomly found mine on clearance at Target for $30 but usually you can find them on Amazon for $50.
  • anfruth
    Options
    If you're looking for a chest strap model, then I'd probably go with Polar. From me research, Polar seems to be one of if not the most respected brand in the industry. Without a chest strap - I'd go with one of the continuous readers like the ePulse 2 or Scosche Rhythm (if you have an iPhone or other compatible smartphone device) - granted those aren't cheap ($88 and $99)

If you're just doing light exercise and really want to save money and you don't want a chest strap you could go with one of Mio's or Timex's strapless varieties that require you to touch the HRM for a reading. I wouldn't go with with the strapless variety that is non-continuous if you're doing vigorous exercise.