thigh rub

Options
I walk outside for over an hour, and it's -25°C out there. I wear long johns and joggers so I'm not cold, but because I'm a chunky monkey, my thighs rub together and now they're chapped. How do I prevent this?

Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    baby powder :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think they may be a rub that you can get to prevent the situation from occurring again. I think Goldbond makes a product for that. In the meantime, diaper rash ointment can help heal the chafing.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    i always wear pants and shorts that get right up in the crotch for running and keep each leg seperate :)
  • jeesa2
    jeesa2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anti Monkey Butt, Gold Bond Friction Defense, or regular baby powder
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Baby powder/corn starch powder over baby thick white baby diaper goo. Can't remember the commercial name. Or Bag Balm plus powder. If you are in a cold climate, Bag Balm is the best for chapped skin. Look for it in a farm/ranch supply store. It works!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Baby powder. I use paradox base layer from costco it fits to the leg nicely and I find it doesn't cause as much friction.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    They make sticks that look like deodorant that work pretty well. You can get them at most running stores or at a general sports store like ****s.

Seriously? We're editing ****s now? It's a man's name. Come on. Alright, at the store that is the short form of the name Richard. For crying out loud.
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    They make sticks that look like deodorant that work pretty well. You can get them at most running stores or at a general sports store like ****s.

Seriously? We're editing ****s now? It's a man's name. Come on. Alright, at the store that is the short form of the name Richard. For crying out loud.

Can you imagine loool. But no jokes that's hella funny. Imagine what the commercial for the sports store would've been like hilarious if ya'll changed your sensory regulations!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Ok, this is gonna sound totally out there, but buy some panty hose, (silkies are by far the best, longest lasting) Get your size and get the ones that are "Silkies Ultra Total Leg Control Support Pantyhose" I know they seem expensive, but they are very long lasting and keep your legs from rubbing so much. I would also add the Gold Bond powder with that. They have some tights which are lined with fleece, I think if you used them you could get rid of the thermals.

Good luck.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options

rolling eyes
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    invest in some skins. you can get cheaper ones than the $185 pairs. i got some diadora ones in an outlet shop for $30 nzd. i've got fat thighs and i would not even think about running without them. it's so much nicer feeling my thighs gently glide off each other than it is to feel them dragging together! i wear my expensive skins for really long runs and for events, and my cheapies for normal runs. i also wear my cheapies under shorts for doing weights and that- don't want the world catching a glimpse of the hoohoo. just don't get budget kmart homebrand ones- they're awful and do not sit well, thus increasing the probability of chaffage.
  • puddlesiam
    puddlesiam Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is a product called 3B Neat Cream. It is designed for between the breasts, buttocks and between the legs. It is worth it's weight in gold, although it is a New Zealand product.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

:laugh:

What about compression shorts?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    thanx guys!
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Paceline Chamois Butt'r is the best and easiest product I have found to prevent chaffing, runners rash, etc.

http://www.pacelineproducts.com/Category56/Chamois_Butt_r.aspx
  • jabiz10
    jabiz10 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everybody. I also have this problem. Was avoiding wearing skirts in th summer time but recently I found this cute lace bands and since I tried it- I love it. It's made of stretchy lace with silicone on the inside which prevents these bands from slipping down the thigh. they are very comfortable and after 5 minutes you completely forget you are wearing it. Besides it looks sexy too. :wink:

It's called Bandelettes - check it out . Not sure if it works for men though - :smile:
    www.bandelettes.com