How to stop losing?! LOL

Options
OSU_Sarah
OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
Well I went past my goal. I have lost 49 lbs! I went from 172 to 123! My goal was 125. I had to op my calories by 600 the last 2 days and for some reason instead of "Maintaining my weight", I keep losing!!! Why?!!! I guess I may have to weight a couple days and see what happens. If I keep losing, I may have to up my calories again!!! I just can't lose much more, or I will be unhealthy skinny!!! LOL.. I must say though it feels good to see that weight loss number!!!

Replies

• htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal...way to go!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    it depends on what your definition of 'unhealthy' skinny is. if you keep losing and you are eating, you should be fine. but just so you know, you should set your calories to maintenance on the site, maybe that will help
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal, your did a great thing.:laugh:
  • OSU_Sarah
    Options
    Yeah I have it set to "Maintain my weight" but I have only been eating more calories for 2 days, so I'm not going to get too worried yet. An unhealthy weight according to my BMI is 118 and lower, so I am still a few calories away from that!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Sarah, did you ever think this would be you when you started on your journey? :smile:
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The formulas that are used are just a genaralization, so you may in fact have a higher BMR than what MFP suggests. Like jeans, there is no one formula that fits us girls equally! Try adding a few more calories per day until you find the balance, say 50-75 calories per day until you stop losing (but don't gain!) and customize your maintenance goals to reflect that.

And congrats on reaching your goal! That must feel wonderful!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I had that problem also at first. However, my weight did stabilize after 2 weeks of being on maintenance calories. It just took some time for me and my body to get used to the new calorie intake.

Congratulations on reaching your goal.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I hate your title

/jealousy lol
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Thanks for posting your question. I'm almost at my goal, and have been starting to become a little concerned about "maintenance" once I reach my goal. Funny, but before I started this journey "I didn't think I could lose more than a pound or two", but now that I'm on a roll, I'm wondering about how and when to "put the brake on".

Like you, I don't want to drop into the unhealthy area (I'm actually aiming for middle of healthy.) Plus, I'm a senior and I just discovered that current research has diet and weight recommendations for seniors that I need to educate myself about.

One of my perks has been seeing the lower number on the scale, so I'm wondering how my psyche is going to deal with "same" every day. I have a dear friend who became obsessed with losing weight and became anorexic and was hospitalized for a while, so I guess that kind of weighs on my mind sometimes. (That's why I chose a weight loss site with emphasis on "health" when I decided to take this journey.)

The replies to your thread have been very helpful. Thanks again for posting, and I'm grateful to all those who took a minute to respond to your thread.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Well I went past my goal. I have lost 49 lbs! I went from 172 to 123! My goal was 125. I had to op my calories by 600 the last 2 days and for some reason instead of "Maintaining my weight", I keep losing!!! Why?!!! I guess I may have to weight a couple days and see what happens. If I keep losing, I may have to up my calories again!!! I just can't lose much more, or I will be unhealthy skinny!!! LOL.. I must say though it feels good to see that weight loss number!!!

Wow! I wish I had that problem!!! :laugh: Congratualtions!!

100892.png
  • kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hate your title

/jealousy lol

Me too : /
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    BIG congratulations, and I am jealous!
    :smile:
  • OSU_Sarah
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone! Keep working hard and you will get to your goal. It took me almost 6 months, but I made it!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I would NOT know, I've NEVER had that problem!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    congrats!

It will level off, the important thing is you are in a healthy weight range so it's about how you feel too!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Just shows how differet we all are, your start weight is pretty much my goal, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!