Help! Advice! Prayers!

Options
MaryB2
MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
I'm going to try to make this as short as possible.

Ever since last April I have had severe abdominal pain, to the point of losing my jobs. I went to several doctors and had numerous tests done. I also went to the ER several times with no diagnosis.

I started throwing up everything around Thanksgiving and by the 8th of December I was feeling very dehydrated and went to the ER again. My kidneys had completely shut down and they did a surgery to put stints in. During that surgery they found I have stage 4a cervical cancer that has spread to my bladder. They put me on dialysis (no chemo until kidney function is normal) and think they can start chemo and radiation after New Year.

I'm shocked and terrified!! Does anyone have any experience with you or someone close to you having cervical cancer?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Not with cervical cancer, but with other cancers. Hang in there!
  • robinr515
    Options
    You're in my prayers. Good luck.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Not cervical cancer - but my mum has had breast cancer twice now, and I'm not gonna lie - the chemo made her feel pretty crappy - but she's the fittest 60 year old I know.

Sounds corny but positive mental attitude I'm sure has a big impact. She's always one to just get on and do and not sit about moaning and I hardly noticed a difference most of the time.

Just gotta be a fighter and fight it! The hardest part is getting the diagnosis - at least now you know what you need to do and can get on the road to recovery.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Thank you Robin and Sheba!!
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Not cervical cancer - but my mum has had breast cancer twice now, and I'm not gonna lie - the chemo made her feel pretty crappy - but she's the fittest 60 year old I know.

Sounds corny but positive mental attitude I'm sure has a big impact. She's always one to just get on and do and not sit about moaning and I hardly noticed a difference most of the time.

Just gotta be a fighter and fight it! The hardest part is getting the diagnosis - at least now you know what you need to do and can get on the road to recovery.

The doctor has told me that positive attitude is one of the biggest things.

As much as the diagnosis sucks it is good to finally know what is wrong.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im praying for you too, fight it out girl, be strong and punch that cancer in the face..
    i agree with being positive.

am praying for you.

x
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Thank you Chunkienuts!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Pleased that you have a diagnsois at last....bummer that's it not a good one!

Be brave and fight it!! We're all here for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Def a PMA is in order....show it who's boss!
  • MaryB2
    Options
    :smile: will do Sue Geer
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Jesus, what a shock! Kick the **** out of this cancer! Sending all my love X
  • MaryB2
    Options
    SwimFan..... I plan on kicking *kitten*!!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Man that stinks. I wish you the best of luck. If you are that means you are a fighter. So FIGHT and kick its butt. Friend me if you want.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    I plan on fighting harder than I ever have! :smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have two friends who have had cervical cancer. Did they remove your cervix? It is unfortunate that it took so long for you to get a diagnosis. Stay with the treatment. I will be praying for you and will add you to the pray list I have at work.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    I have two friends who have had cervical cancer. Did they remove your cervix? It is unfortunate that it took so long for you to get a diagnosis. Stay with the treatment. I will be praying for you and will add you to the pray list I have at work.

Since it had already spread they are not able to remove it. Thank you, I can use all the prayers I can get.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I am a breast cancer survivor, but if you ever just need to vent, you can PM me. My mother had cervical cancer when I was 15. She's a 25+ year survivor.

Big hugs to you. You can do this.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    You have a tough battle ahead of you but you know that. You are going to need the support of your family and friends. But you have the right attitude - fight! Try this organization for additional help and support, its for young adults (under 40) who are fighting or have fought cancer. http://firstdescents.org/about-us
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What a HUGE shock!!! Both my parents have had bouts with cancer but they are both fighters and are still in remission~kudos to them! Fight with everything you've got and know that you ARE on my prayer list!!!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    SwimFan..... I plan on kicking *kitten*!!

We are all right behind you :flowerforyou:
  • MaryB2
    Options
    I am a breast cancer survivor, but if you ever just need to vent, you can PM me. My mother had cervical cancer when I was 15. She's a 25+ year survivor.

Big hugs to you. You can do this.

Im glad to hear both you and your mom are cancer survivors!