Dec 21, 2012 - 211212 DMY - Apocalypse

Options
How are you preparing for the end of the world? Lifting heavier weights to get ready for rolling asteroids off of your car? Maybe running on a steeper incline to prepare for running to higher ground when the tidal waves come rushing in? Are you more into calisthenics and doing a few extra pull ups to practice pulling yourself from the earthquake rubble? Or are you taking the day off your diet and eating every delicious food available, since starting Saturday your diet will consist of your annoying neighbor roasted over an open fire seasoned with pepper, salt and a nice radioactive volcanic ash crust?

Replies

• 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    Bump
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    By bumping this thread every 13 minutes.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'll be avoiding the crazies on facebook!! Or I may troll the hell out of them for being stupid :)
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    I'll be avoiding the crazies on facebook!! Or I may troll the hell out of them for being stupid :)

I wonder if there is going to be an apocalypse spending boom today and tomorrow. The crazies need their canned corn and oatmeal.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Preparing for people got go stupid because they're thinking the world will end and do crazy things. Otherwise, I'm not concerned.

JM
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I am of the wish that all the crazies who believe that tomorrow is the end of the world....
    Well I am of the wish that for the crazies it was.

And then the world would be left with us normal folk. :)
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    its already Dec 21 in new zeland, and I havent heard anything on the news about it going up in flames :tongue:
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    its already Dec 21 in new zeland, and I havent heard anything on the news about it going up in flames :tongue:

lol well the Mayans weren't in your time zone. Plus, they didn't specify what time exactly. Maybe it's at 11:59PM on 12/21/12?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've stocked up on water bottles and non perishable foods. There is no harm in being prepared for the worst, I also told my family that if they meet anyone on the streets tomorrow that seem a little "off" they should avoid them at all cost!

I have plenty of amunition for my firearms in case I need to protect myself and the others I love, I've also spent some time reading about trapping and preparing animals in case the grid goes down!
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    I've stocked up on water bottles and non perishable foods. There is no harm in being prepared for the worst, I also told my family that if they meet anyone on the streets tomorrow that seem a little "off" they should avoid them at all cost!

I have plenty of amunition for my firearms in case I need to protect myself and the others I love, I've also spent some time reading about trapping and preparing animals in case the grid goes down!

but do you have respirators, a water filtration system, and iodine pills?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I don't think that will be needed, asteroids and earthquakes aren't going to happen!
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options

I don't think that will be needed, asteroids and earthquakes aren't going to happen!

Respirator - If Mt St. Helens erupts, or earthquake, or one of a number of other possibilities.
    Water filtration - If you are concerned about the grid, then you'd have to be concerned about water supply since it's dependent on it.
    Iodine - If the grid goes down, a nuclear plant could overheat and release radiation.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of yoga..... I should be flexible enough by now, to kiss my ass goodbye.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    The world ends in two hours over here.

I'm content that my last meal will have been peanut butter and jam.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options

Won't you feel silly when you find out it ends in 20 hours from now instead of 2 and you ran out of P&J?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Won't you feel silly when you find out it ends in 26 hours and you ran out of P&J?

ETA: The 21st is the last day of the calendar, so that means the world shouldn't end till midnight of the 21st.

Actually it ends at 11:11am on the 21st not at midnight do some research
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options

lol well the Mayans weren't in your time zone. Plus, they didn't specify what time exactly. Maybe it's at 11:59PM on 12/21/12?

11:11am :)
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    Actually it ends at 11:11am on the 21st not at midnight do some research

I was too distracted. I just finished packing canned goods and was busy printing my check off list of ammo, my apologies. It has been corrected.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options

11:11am :)
    UTC!
  • Amatambi
    Options
    If meteors were going to doom the Earth, I'm pretty sure we would have seen them coming by now.

However, if the world does end, I'm going to be pissed because I've spent this whole week decorating and wrapping presents and everything is going to be ruined.