Help! Advice! Prayers!

Options
2»

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    My gran had had bowel and kidney cancer (kidney has recently reoccurred) and she has gone through several rounds of chemo and various operations (one to remove her kidney), she is tough as old boots and wants to use her season ticket to watch the football every week and won't let something like cancer get in her way! :laugh:
    Glad you finally have a diagnosis so you can face this head on, defo agree with the positive attitude, good luck
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You have a tough battle ahead of you but you know that. You are going to need the support of your family and friends. But you have the right attitude - fight! Try this organization for additional help and support, its for young adults (under 40) who are fighting or have fought cancer. http://firstdescents.org/about-us

Thank you, I'll check out that organization. Luckily I have a huge family and some good IRL friends. That has helped.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Wow!!! What a HUGE shock!!! Both my parents have had bouts with cancer but they are both fighters and are still in remission~kudos to them! Fight with everything you've got and know that you ARE on my prayer list!!!

I'm so happy for your parents. :-) thanks for the prayers!
  • MaryB2
    Options
    My gran had had bowel and kidney cancer (kidney has recently reoccurred) and she has gone through several rounds of chemo and various operations (one to remove her kidney), she is tough as old boots and wants to use her season ticket to watch the football every week and won't let something like cancer get in her way! :laugh:
    Glad you finally have a diagnosis so you can face this head on, defo agree with the positive attitude, good luck

:laugh: It makes me smile that she will not let cancer keep her from football.

I'll keep your Gran in my prayers.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    I appreciate all the responses. If I don't reply for awhile it's because my pain med is making me sleepy.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    My mom had breast cancer but not cervical cancer...Prayers going out to you!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My best friend lost her battle with cervical cancer. After her last child she had not gone to the OBGYN and 17 years later she became extremely ill. 3 months later she passed away. By the time they found it it was too late for her. I had cervical cancer that was detected while pregnant so after that pregnancy I had my cervix removed without any other treatment and it hasn't returned. That was actually the 2nd time I had CC. First time it was detected during my first pregnancy and a loop procedure was done and they thought they got it all. Now 16 years after my cervix was removed it has not returned. I also get uterine biopsies done and nothing has shown up on that either. I haven't had any other treatments or problems other than fibroids. Another friend of mine had cervical cancer that was detected after her 4th child was born and she had a full hysterectomy with no other treatment. That was 15 years ago and she has not had any problems since. Those yearly paps are very important in early detection.

I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    I had CIN 3 not cervical cancer but abnormal cells they found it when I was pregnant too I had a colpo done and a LEEP to remove them..I have a check up in Feb Hopefully they have not returned...Hope everything goes well for you!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Im sending prayers your way. Praying for healing, patience and peace of mind. Sorry for all that you are going through, Praying for speedy recovery :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Prayers and Hugs :flowerforyou:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I effing hate cancer. :(
    You are in my thoughts. Hoping you have all the strength, courage, and love needed to get through this.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    That really sucks! I don't know anyone who has had cervical cancer but I do have three relatives who have fought and won against various cancers. You can do this! Keep a positive attitude, take care of your body! You can do this!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    I effing hate cancer. :(
    You are in my thoughts. Hoping you have all the strength, courage, and love needed to get through this.

I hate it too!!!
  • bka1961
    bka1961 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that this is happening to you!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!! You can do this and thank goodness you finally have a diagnosis. It isn't a pleasant one but at least you don't have to wonder anymore what is wrong. We are here for you gal. Hang in there!!
  • madworld1
    Options
    They caught mine very, very early. Then, I have a distant cousin that had pretty bad. She did chemo and is much better now. I'm glad they finally figured out what was going on with you. I'm sorry that you have to go through this-- I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to make this as short as possible.

Ever since last April I have had severe abdominal pain, to the point of losing my jobs. I went to several doctors and had numerous tests done. I also went to the ER several times with no diagnosis.

I started throwing up everything around Thanksgiving and by the 8th of December I was feeling very dehydrated and went to the ER again. My kidneys had completely shut down and they did a surgery to put stints in. During that surgery they found I have stage 4a cervical cancer that has spread to my bladder. They put me on dialysis (no chemo until kidney function is normal) and think they can start chemo and radiation after New Year.

I'm shocked and terrified!! Does anyone have any experience with you or someone close to you having cervical cancer?

Prayers being sent!! Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery :flowerforyou: