Why do people barge into you in the Store?

Options
2»

Replies

• BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This never happens to me. However I am told that I am unapproachable and intimidating.

lies, all lies. *pinches Greggie's cheeks* you're so adorable.

Maybe they just can't take the overwhelming blueness of my eyes.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get my boobs barged into a lot. What's with that

Hey, i only did that the one time and i truly said i was sorry. Next time, I'll buy you dinner first.

promises, promises
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    This never happens to me. However I am told that I am unapproachable and intimidating.

lies, all lies. *pinches Greggie's cheeks* you're so adorable.

Maybe they just can't take the overwhelming blueness of my eyes.

especially when they glow in the light of your laptop *swoon*
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah hardly ever happens. If they do I drop 'bows on em.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm about to be bumped into, all I do is stop and tense. It's funny watching them carry on thinking I might step away, then realising way too late that I'm not moving, and they slam into, usually, my arm or shoulder, before rebounding backwards. If they're unlucky, it turns into pinball with an aisle or another person. :)
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Just fart on them. I love me some cropdusting.
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Move South brother.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am sight impaired.. I spend most of my time shopping apologizing. Suck.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get my boobs barged into a lot. What's with that
    Mr McFeely has no idea what you're talking about
    mcfeely.jpg \m/
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    The cow people annoy me too.

I also can't stand it when people let their kids run around the store like maniacs, burling in to people. I had one whose mother had given him control of their shopping trolley go careening into my backside. I was thiiiis close to picking him up and bowling him down the dairy aisle.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think every time I'm out in public I say something to this effect to my bf haha. I'm six feet tall and not a dainty flower. It's not like you didn't see me there. And according to physics, I'm not the one moving haha.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that yesterday... I really hate that I'm so invisible!!!!

Same here! I think that often.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I don't barge. But you know what's worse.

Cow people while shopping. You know. The people who stand around in a herd of about 4 and simply do not move.
    I want to bump them with my cart.
    And I'm a nice person.
    They're rude. How long can you stand staring at a 20lb box of froot by the foot?

A really, really long time. That stuff is delicious. I put it up on my house instead of tinsel this year.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Whats the pchycology of why people bump into you all the time in a store. I understand things like how you can attract a swarm of old women by looking intently at a shelf like you have found the bargain of the century and you are trying to decide if you want the last one.

I'm not talking the its busy barging - I mean like half empty isle and they head your way like a magnet. Then if you don't move they curse cos you got in their way... or broke their shoulder lol

I need a T-Shirt that says "Look at me... Look at you... Who is going to come off worse!"

My husband will stop dead in his tracks and let the person bump into him. I've started doing this too, especially when I'm walking some where and there are people walking 3-4 abreast and they're not moving. I'll either stop short and turn around or I'll just keep on walking and give them a swift elbow to the arm. There have been plenty of times where I politely move behind my husband and I STILL get knocked around.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    If I'm looking as I'm walking, I'm prone to bump. Sorry. I have no sense of balance.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It all has to do with a major lack of human decency and kindness in the world. Most people are only concerned with themselves and couldn't give a *kitten* to be bothered by anyone else. I try my very best to be polite and kind to others when I am out and about. It is NOT all about me.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I get bumped into by people all the time in the supermarket.
    It's like I'm friggen invisible or something.

My theory is that people are to busy looking for whatever it is they need, that they aren't even looking at where they're going.

My rule is that if you bump into me or push me on purpose, you deserve to be tackled. I'm a big girl, you don't just push me over.
    Some people can't be bothered to say "excuse me", when they are trying to pass from behind you and just push you aside. These people need to learn to use their mouths and their manners.

One time I was standing in line at the checkout and this git behind me was very impatient and kept pushing his cart into my legs to get me to move forward (I couldn't, there was an old lady standing about 2 inches in front of me). After a couple of times, I just turned around and told him to stop doing it or I would ram his cart into his stomach. Rude a-hole.

I am generally very polite, but if someone is being rude and selfish, they need to be taught a lesson.
  • sher80bear
    sher80bear Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hate when people suddenly stop walking and stand in the middle of the isle in the grocery store so you can't get past them. My mom and sister do it all the time. It is so rude. Ummmm, hello you aren't the only one shopping. Move to the side so others can get past why you stare at the shelves.

The cow people....don't get me started on them. I start with a polite excuse me. If they don't move I try yelling excuse me, thinking maybe they didn't hear me the first time. If the yelling doesn't work the shopping cart becomes a cow hearder and I start pushing. Hey, I gave them a chance to move.
  • Amatambi
    Options
    I hate when people suddenly stop walking and stand in the middle of the isle in the grocery store so you can't get past them. My mom and sister do it all the time. It is so rude. Ummmm, hello you aren't the only one shopping. Move to the side so others can get past why you stare at the shelves.

I agree with you on people standing in the middle of the aisles, but at the same time, it is a store so people are going to stop when they find the thing they need. That's when you just have to say "excuse me" and move along, or perhaps create a scene and just barge into them like this whole forum post is ranting about.