Looking for a recipe

Options
I'm looking for a stuffed mushroom recipe that is healthy. I only know how to make them the very unhealthy way and wanted to see if anyone knew of a better recipe that they have tried and liked.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Here's a Weight Watchers one. I haven't tried it though.

http://www.thatsmyhome.com/healthy/weight-watchers/stuffed-mushrooms.htm
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I have thought about this before, and all I could find was tons of butter and cheese. Maybe you could scale down on an original recipe? For example use whole wheat bread crumbs, a lesser amount of cheese (and light if you like that sort of thing), and only use a small amount of filling per mushroom. I have found that I can eat the same things that I used to, I just adapt them to fit my lifestyle!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ckeck out recipezaar.

They even have nutr. info for all their recipes.
  • cjjohnson
    cjjohnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You should look on the food network web-site, under Elle Kriger. She does the health food show. They also have a ton of recipes under the Healthy section that look pretty good too.
  • pumpkinbran
    Options
    bump
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    There is a good one in The biggest Loser book that I have Ill have to go home and look it up and get back with you its like a Big Portabella Mushroom cap, Maranara sauce, Mozerella cheese, and some other stuff its like a breadless pizza its good I tried it. but Ill go and look it up and get back to ya!
  • starrlette
    Options
    My favorite thing to do w/ (white "button" mushrooms) is just wash and cut the the stems, place them cap down on a foiled baking sheet then take another sheet of foil and "seal it up" like a pouch. Then I bake them at 450º and let them cook till they juice up and are tender (not sure how long that is, but i'd say anywhere between 10-15 min.). They are delicious when they cook in their own juice! You can also add a little olive oil and some spices or garlic if you like... it's nothing fancy, but it's healthy and tastes great =}