Down 50+ Pounds and Half Way to my Goal!!!!

Options
I was always a thin girl growing up and always made fun of my younger sister who was overweight so I guess I got what was coming to me. My weight gain started for me when I moved in with my, now, ex-husband. I didn't work so I just sat at home eating of boredom. By the time I got pregnant with my daughter, I had already gained 50 lbs! I gained another 40 with the pregnancy. After I had her, I knew I did not want to stay FAT so I lost 70 lbs from June to December of that year. But, at 170lbs and 5'3" I was still FAT for my (now) ex-husband. Thats when the physical and emotional abuse started. Did it help me lose more weight? NO! I gained more weight after losing all of that. When I had my second son, I also gained up to 240 lbs. In 2008 I started the gym (going every day after work) and lost 40 lbs in 7 months. The day I left my ex, I weighed 206 lbs and he was expecting to see more of a loss. That was the last time he knocked me around. 4 days after my son's 1st birthday. I moved in with my mom, then with my aunt, then with the new love of my life...my (now) wonderful husband! I had a baby in March of 2010 and got up to a WHOPPING 280 lbs. But that wasn't enough of a wake-up call for me. The wake up came this year after an incident where my 2 year old was sooo close to the street that I knew I couldn't run fast enough to catch her and I had my husband run after her. What if I would have been alone? MAJOR EYE OPENER!!!

I now weigh less than what I weighed the day I left my EX!!!! A smidge away from ONE-DERLAND!!! I've been diagnosed with border-line hypothyroid, but I no longer use that as an excuse because I now know that it CAN be done! My secret recipe:

1. Perserverence
2. Patience
3. Positivity

I also have not given up the foods I love. All in moderation people! And Working out is key! Here is a side by side of my weight loss thus far!

This is the same shirt in both pictures, however after time the color faded.
xd6hd.jpg

Face photos
2dj9o38.jpg

Replies

• Dani_Davies23
    Options
    You look great!!!! You GO girl!
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Your efforts are incredible.. You have the tools and determination to go the distance.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Great work! I am also at my halfway mark with about 50 lb. Feel free to friend me. You're doing a great thing for your daughter and yourself.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    YEAHHHH Christina!!!!! Amazing!!!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Thank You guys! I've even had people at my work say that they started to lose weight, because they saw me doing so well! It feels GREAT to be an inspiration to others!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great!!! Keep it up girl!
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    good for you! Congratulations for all of the positive changes you have made in your life!
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    Thank You
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank You for your story and your inspiration. Awesome!
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational! I was in an abusive relationship from age 17-22 and know how hard it is. Luckily I never I had kids with him. I am so proud of your determination to move on and better yourself! You are beautiful and are doing such an amazing job!
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational! I was in an abusive relationship from age 17-22 and know how hard it is. Luckily I never I had kids with him. I am so proud of your determination to move on and better yourself! You are beautiful and are doing such an amazing job!

Yes, I had two kids with mine, however I would not take that back for a second. That's the only two good things that came out of the horrid relationship. It was hard, but it made me the strong willed woman I am today. If I could survive that, I can survive "the pain and time endured to lose weight"
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    well done, looking good, keep it up!!!
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Yes, I had two kids with mine, however I would not take that back for a second. That's the only two good things that came out of the horrid relationship. It was hard, but it made me the strong willed woman I am today. If I could survive that, I can survive "the pain and time endured to lose weight"

Amen to that sister!!!!!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work. You look awesome!!! :)
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work. You look awesome!!! :)

Thank You
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! WTG!!
  • Wow that's Awesome and your looking great! Keep up the good work you have really given me incentive to keep going
  • blissfulbutt
    Options

I also started gaining while I was with my abusive ex. I left him in sept 09, a month after giving birth to our 2nd child, and at a size 22jeans(I was a 10 when we met in 03!(he didn't become abusive until we got married in 06). Those 22s were getting tight when I started to lose weight the first time.I got down to a loose 14/ tight 12! took me like a year and a half or so. My fiance and I just had a baby 3 1/2 months ago. After suffering a miscarriage before I got pregnant I was back in an 18. After having this baby 18s didn't fit and I refused to buy anything bigger. I hung around in pjs until I could fit the 18, then the 16s. She's 3 months old now and I'm in 14s/16s.(mostly 16s) I'm really having troubles with the baby pooch this time around. I guess after 3 kids and being closer to 30 then anything else your body starts changing. I'm hopeing to get back to 12s, or even a loose 14, preferably by next sept. So I would say I'm prob half way to my goal too. idk how much weight I've lost. I was 242 at my highest. I was 202 two months ago. but two months ago I couldn't fit my pants either.
    Congradultions on your weight loss and feel free to friend me or message me or however this site works lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!