How to calculate calories

Options
megamom
megamom Posts: 920 Member
I am going to my sons for supper. They are having a pot roast with carrots and potatoes in the slow cooker. There is one in the data base but the sodium is way high. They use salt very sparingly so I am unsure, do I just use that and know my sodium isn't really that high or try to just use the ingredients to add the meal, what would be more accurate. Plus I am bummed to find angel food cake has soooooo much sugar. We always give it to our diabetics at work.

Replies

• kelly030502
    Options
    I think you can make your own custom recipe on here somewhere. I do know that my mother in law makes angel food cake out of Splenda or something because my father in law eats it at parties and he is a diabetic. Enjoy your supper!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a recipe calculator.....just add your ingredients...choose the portion...and it will create the "nutrition facts" for your recipes!!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I say just add each item to your diary...

" X amount of beef, so many potatoes, approx this much carrots..." etc.

it's your SON's house so you can ask what exactly they put into the slow cooker besides water.
    Worcestershire sauce? Ketchup? beef boullion cube maybe? That way you will have the whole picture.

That's what I do when I toss stuff into the crock pot...
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I find that website to be almost useless, they seem to never have the food items! Is there another site to figure recipes at?
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I decided to just add each ingredient and then ask my son what else they added. And I decided to have the strawberries if they have sweetened them with a small piece of cake. Or just the cake. I am sure I will run that off at work tonight.