5 Ideas for Spaghetti Squash

Options
alpine1994
alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
Found this on Fitsugar and it helped me a lot so thought I would share!

http://www.fitsugar.com/5-Recipe-Ideas-Spaghetti-Squash-1900523

1. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and bake it at 350°F for 30 minutes or until you can pierce it with a knife with little resistance. While it's baking, sauté diced onions, tomatoes, one minced clove of garlic, and a handful of chopped fresh basil. Scoop out the flesh with a fork (it should be stringy), place it on a plate and top with your tomato mixture. Instant low carb spaghetti.

2. Bake the same way as above, but this time scoop out the flesh, place in a bowl, and allow it to cool in the fridge. After 20 minutes, pour the squash flesh onto a cutting board and chop it up a little. Place it in a bowl and mix in diced tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, lemon juice, olive oil, spices, feta, and olives to make a Greek salad.

3. Bake, allow to cool, and then marinate spaghetti squash with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, and rosemary. Top it on your garden salad for a little extra flavor and texture.

4. Bake, chop up stringy flesh of squash, and season it with cayenne pepper. Use it in place of rice in tacos and burritos.

5. For a treat, before placing it in the oven to bake, sprinkle cinnamon, a little nutmeg, a drizzle of honey, and top with chopped walnuts. Serve warm.

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sound great! Another one I like is this:

Cut the squash (lengthwise) and bake for 30 mins (or microwave with a little water in the middle for 10 minutes)

When cooked, mix with marinara sauce then top with grilled chicken and parmesan cheese for a healthy twist on chicken pasta :)
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for the ideas.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    5. For a treat, before placing it in the oven to bake, sprinkle cinnamon, a little nutmeg, a drizzle of honey, and top with chopped walnuts. Serve warm.

hmmm...wondering how this tastes. I love spaghetti squash but never thought about making it sweet. Very curious!
  • beanerific518
    Options
    I've done the whole spaghetti replacement (and love it), but these are fun ideas for other uses! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    amazing ideas thanks !
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I was just trying to brainstorming about spaghetti squash. Thanks for posting!
  • maddiequinlan
    maddiequinlan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!!!