Bride to be- What motivates you???

Options
I am getting married in 2013 and have about 25 lbs left to lose. I have had 25 lbs left to lose for about 18 monhts now :) I found that maintaining my original 40 lb weight loss was hard work as it was! Now it is crunch time, and I need good, strong thoughts and images in my head to finish my weight loss in time for the big day!

Some steps that I have already taken:

1. Teaching Zumba at LA Fitness now, 4-5 times a week. Also take 1-2 60 min weight lifting classes/week.
2. Moved onto a cleaner eating regiment. (Still transitioning!)

Replies

• ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs or so for my wedding day. what motivated me was not wanting to look chubby in my wedding pictures and have to look at them for the rest of my life!:laugh:

Sounds like a great plan!

Congrats!
  • TheBeth1231
    Options
    :bigsmile: I keep pictures of someone who is around my target look/ weight. for example for me I want to have a similar body shape to kelly brook, because i have wide hips, so i have several pictures of her to motivate myself.
  • Eslov
    Eslov Posts: 7
    Options
    It's not an efficient way to lose more weight permanently, but a much lower carbohydrate intake is the way to go if you're in a strict time frame. The amount that you may or may not gain back after your wedding can always be lost once more through general motivational dieting. It's the fastest way to lose weight, but it won't stay off forever. It works perfectly for crunch time situations, but don't get yourself all psyched out. It's dangerous to not intake enough carbohydrates as well. I hope this helps, and congrats on your marriage! :smile:
  • ajusteen21
    ajusteen21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the up coming wedding! I have never really tried to loose weight, sure I went to the gym and I always said I needed to, but I never counted calories with exercise.Once I bought I my dress I felt a sense of motivation I have never felt before ;) I'm getting married in June so just the thought of the dress, pictures,and being in front of people seem to be enough so far. I think when the times gets closer Ill do a cleanse or cut carbs back a little to help drop a few extra.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    When are you getting married in 2013? Congrats on that! I'm getting married May 2014, but I want to find a wedding dress by May 2013 or possibly June 2013. I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you do, and I would like to lose it before I buy a wedding dress!! :) I say you're off to a great start, and just work on changing things up every once in awhile and focus on your nutrition. If you would like you may add me and we can help motivate each other.
  • hmanley66
    Options
    I think my wedding will be somewhere during the summer, but we have still not been able to nail down a date. It will be small small small, so we are ok with only 6 months to plan. We are more focused on throwing a fantastic reception than having a decked out ceremony.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    This (sans butt flower)

FD56A4F1-BDAF-4925-A803-CF7004E7F529-108-0000001FEAC85E55_zpsbae7e019.jpg