June 2 MFP Runner's Club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Well, my oldest daughter woke up vomiting at 4am this morning. So, no running for me unless DH comes home early tonight (doubt it).

I hope everyone gets a good run in today, run for me!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Well, my oldest daughter woke up vomiting at 4am this morning. So, no running for me unless DH comes home early tonight (doubt it).

I hope everyone gets a good run in today, run for me!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :frown: So sorry for your little one and you.....it is no fun to start the day that way.....try to make the best of it...read up on new recipes while your little one naps on the couch!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sorry to hear about your sick kiddo Mireille. Did you run yesterday? How are the new shoes?

Today is my rest (no running) day. Wishing everyone a great run today!

-Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, Mireille! :frown:

Don't know if I'll get a run in today, couldn't sleep worth a darn last night now I feel wiped out. We'll see how I'm feeling after work. May help me sleep better tonight.

Plus I'm up 1.5 lbs. for the weekend so I guess I'd better run. :grumble:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Mireille, so sorry about your little one. You really are helpless to do much for them. I know mine are so pitiful like that......I hope she's taking in some liquids at least and this sickness will pass quickly.....What kind of shoes did you get? I got some New Balance a few weeks ago and they've been great. I got a size bigger than normal with inserts for arch supports. GREAT! No more blisters since. No rubbing anywhere......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm feeling like some of you guys....I'm tired myself. I haven't had a rest day in a while. I didn't run a couple of days last week, but I rode my bike with two little ones in a trailer behind it. It's a workout! I start out in the morning thinking that it will be my rest day, then I end up doing something so that I have a few extra calories and I don't have to eat like a bird. It's a mind game sometimes.

Well, happy trails to all. I have chicken laid out for dinner, so at least I know it'll be low cal!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hope your daughter feels better very soon Mireille:flowerforyou:

Well, I hopped on the treadmill until my daughters bus came so I ran a mile.
    I'll do another when my other daughter takes her nap.

Happy running!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! :smile:

Sorry to hear about the vomiting and hope she's feeling better.

My husband informed me this morning that he woke up to some noises at about 3 am last night to find our three oldest (ages 10, 8 & 5) kids reading books together in our daughter's room. He broke up the "slumber party" but they're gonna be tired & ornery today... :frown:

I going out for a run right now before they wake up.

Hope you all enjoy your day today! :heart:

Julie
  • Mireille
    Options
    Thanks everyone! She's seems to be feeling a lot better which means she'll be able to go to school tomorrow!! Yeah!!

Pam, I bought some Asics running shoes on Saturday, I bought the newer version of my last pair. I tried on a few other brands but these were the most comfortable. They were really nice during my run yesterday.
    The sports bra I bought fit differently during yesterdays run than when I tried it on at the store (not as tight). It's keeping my girls in place and I guess that's what matters.

Shannon, I know how you feel. I'm up a 1.5 lbs but I have to say that I did eat like a pig over the weekend. Today is going to be difficult for me cuz whenever I'm tired, I tend to eat. Oh well, there is always tomorrow!!

It's going to be a long a day,!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your daughter Mireille! I hope she feels better soon and that the illness skips the rest of your family!

Well, I am truly frustrated and down! I am up 2 pounds this morning. I only took 2 days off this past week...Thursday and Sunday. I always take Thursday off because it's the day I volunteer at the elementary school. I had to take Sunday off because we went out of town for a graduation party...we had 2 this weekend to attend. I think the 2 day break and the fattening food at the parties just did it for me. I am back to smart eating and logging everything I put in my mouth! I can't keep falling off the wagon!

I am having a hard time getting motivated to run this morning due to my allergies. Anyone else have horrible allergies that makes you tired, eyes itch and unable to breathe?! FUN TIMES!!! I needed to get on here just to push myself a bit. I am going now. UGH!!!!!!!:yawn:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Sick kids always put a detour in our plans, maybe you count today as a rest day and get a fantastic run in tomorrow! I don't know about you but it seems as soon as I get a good routine going one of the kids ends up sick...lol :laugh:

As for me, getting a shorter run in today, daughter is getting her braces off this am! Looking at getting 4 miles in today, maybe take a second run in the afternoon.

Everyone have a great day!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time getting motivated to run this morning due to my allergies. Anyone else have horrible allergies that makes you tired, eyes itch and unable to breathe?! FUN TIMES!!! I needed to get on here just to push myself a bit. I am going now. UGH!!!!!!!:yawn:

I feel you Buckeye.:flowerforyou:

I suffered the same horrible allergy symptoms for many years until I had sinus surgery about 13 years ago. Been doing well ever since. Talk to your ENT to find out if you are a good candidate for surgery. I have been very pleased with the results.
  • pam0206
    Options
    Well, I am truly frustrated and down! I am up 2 pounds this morning. I only took 2 days off this past week...Thursday and Sunday. I always take Thursday off because it's the day I volunteer at the elementary school. I had to take Sunday off because we went out of town for a graduation party...we had 2 this weekend to attend. I think the 2 day break and the fattening food at the parties just did it for me. I am back to smart eating and logging everything I put in my mouth! I can't keep falling off the wagon!

Try not be down on yourself. You're working hard and are still in the right mind set. I always worry that not only am I going to fall off the wagon, but also say, what the hay, this is easier. So, you're still thinking/working in the right direction. Don't underestimate your TOM or the sodium in the foods you had this weekend. I suspect you're gonna see those two pounds come off quickly this week. Keep up the good work! AFTERALL.....you're already a "babe." :wink:
  • samccarthy
    samccarthy Posts: 34
    Options
    Some days sure are harder than others!! I put in my 4 miles on the treadmill, but it was a struggle. Glad I made myself do it, though. I always feel better when I accomplish this goal!!

sheryl

26853.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pam0206
    Options
    Some days sure are harder than others!! I put in my 4 miles on the treadmill, but it was a struggle. Glad I made myself do it, though. I always feel better when I accomplish this goal!!

sheryl

26853.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Whoop! Whoop!!!!! Good job, girl!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Ok... just gone done running another mile and also walking a mile so 3 miles total.. this my first time doing 3 miles in any kind of way:drinker:
    I'm on a roll today!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Ok... just gone done running another mile and also walking a mile so 3 miles total.. this my first time doing 3 miles in any kind of way:drinker:
    I'm on a roll today!!

Woot-Woot!! WTG!!! 11_2_104.gif
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Got my 4 miles in today. My plan for the week is to do 2-4 mile runs and 2- 3 1/2 mile runs.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thanks Shannon!
    WTG M!:drinker:
  • pam0206
    Options
    :noway: Way to go, Joanna!!!

Mhsrnmz! Sounds like a good plan!!!:drinker: :drinker:

My kindergartner is home, so today is officially my day of rest. No running now......
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hey,

Isn't PM & MKeithley due back soon?? :glasses: