Quest Protein Bars

Options
These things are like God's gift to protein bars...Here's the basic stats:

1 Bar (Apple Pie flavored--among many others)
Cals: 170
Protein: 20g
Fiber: 18g
Gluten Free, sugar/sugar alcohol free, and only natural ingredients.

They're expensive, but the best I've found so far!!

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    They're the bomb diggity. I like Cinnamon Roll and Coconut Cashew. I buy them online now, but they sell them individually at GNC if you want to try different flavors.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I just bought a variety pack and 2 singles off their website. ALERT: NEW FLAVOR IN THE ALL NATURAL LINE!!!

Banana nut muffin. Aw, yea.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Cheesecake is my favorite, but I like em all... The fiber and sugar alcohols do tend to screw up my macro counts for the day tho :tongue:
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I eat one a day. They're so chewy that it takes a while to eat which is a good thing for me. I'm not sure why the fiber would mess with your macros. Too much fiber should only be an issue if it makes your digestive system revolt (or revolting) but I only worry about my protein, fat and carbs.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the chocolate brownie and pb & j.

I just ordered some of the new banana nut muffin flavor.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    They are fantastic! I order the two variety boxes every time that I order. Variety is the spice of life, or something? The new banana nut muffin one is great too!
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    New banana nut muffin? Ummmm YES! Oh, and here's a little trick--put them in the microwave for 10 seconds. It softens them up a bit and makes it taste like a warm dessert ;)
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Cool! I will look for these in GNC.
  • its_go_time
    Options
    I ordered a whole box of those the day they came out. They are well worth it! Hopefully they include them in the variety boxes from here on out too.

The cravings peanut butter cups aren't too bad either.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    They are very tasty. My husband loves the lemon ones.

I like the cinnamon roll.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I ordered a whole box of those the day they came out. They are well worth it! Hopefully they include them in the variety boxes from here on out too.

Do they taste like candy or "protein candy"?
  • its_go_time
    Options
    Protein candy I guess. Not as good as regular peanut butter cups, of course. But not bad either, and 20g's of protein in them.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    New banana nut muffin? Ummmm YES! Oh, and here's a little trick--put them in the microwave for 10 seconds. It softens them up a bit and makes it taste like a warm dessert ;)

Yes! So much better when heated up.

I like them. I take them to work for the times I get stuck without being able to eat. I also find them really good as a pre-workout snack. I work 12 hour shifts and want to workout after work, then eat supper since I can't eat supper then workout. I also sometimes cant eat at regular times so i often find myself hungry, but too close to workout time to eat other stuff. I can eat these closer to working out and not bother my stomach like other foods do. Keeps me from being starving when I am working out, doesn't kill my appetite for my supper (I usually go to bed shortly after supper so it's not like I can wait later to eat if not hungry) and doesn't slosh around my stomach like a protein shake.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Do they taste like candy or "protein candy"?

I find that when they're heated up (only 10-15 seconds) they have more of the actual "candy" taste.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love them! I just ordered a few of my favorites along with some of the banana nut muffin flavor and the peanut butter cups, just to try them out.
  • its_go_time
    Options
    I ordered the first batch of the peanut butter cups when they came out. They were not good, at all. They took a lot of negative feedback on them. To their credit, they went back to the drawing board and fixed them, and sent out replacements to everyone that ordered them the first time around! Great customer service there, IMO.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I ordered the first batch of the peanut butter cups when they came out. They were not good, at all. They took a lot of negative feedback on them. To their credit, they went back to the drawing board and fixed them, and sent out replacements to everyone that ordered them the first time around! Great customer service there, IMO.

Good to know! I don't expect them to be amazing, but I plan to stash them in the freezer in case of emergencies. :)
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am not fond of the taste but like their ingredients. Will have to try banana nut and see if the flavor appeals to me. Right now I am rocking lunabars because they taste so freaking good and contain only the good stuff (sans sufficient protein). Quest bars are good. Just wish I found them delicious like so many of you do