HRM recomendation?

Options
Hi :smile:

Does anyone have a HRM they can recommend? I have a fitbit now, but its more of a pedometer...I love it and it def encourages me to keep active during the day but I really want a better way to gauge my calorie burn during workouts. I have seen good reviews for the Polar F4 but would love so input from you also.

Thx!!! :wink:

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I've been really happy with it. It's very easy to set up and use and I can swim with it. I thought I'd have a problem with the chest strap but it's very comfortable and I usually don't even notice it. One thing I do like is that it displays my heart beat "in the zone" - I have no idea if others do this or not. I got it mostly for when I work out at home since most of the machines in my gym do have monitors built in, but I find myself using it all the time just for consistency.

I thought about the FT7, but the only realy difference is that the FT7 can directly link to the Polar site and it can save more workouts in it's memory, and I didn't care about either of those things so the cost difference wasn't worth it for me.
  • emih29
    emih29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    THe polar FT40 is the best one.
  • I just got the polar ft4 LOVE IT.

while teaching spin it told me right were my heart rate was and come to find out I was over working it. lol My heighest is 163 and during class I was at 175 so I was out of the zone and had to lower the resistance a few times in class when I make the rest of the class stay at peak.