Need Paleo advice!!

Options
January 1st I'm wanting to try out the whole Paleo thing. I'm kinda lost as to what i can and cant eat. I want to have a good set plan before January 1st and acknowledge myself so I don't fail and give up. So this is where you come into play. I'm looking for LOTS of advice, recipes, and tips on how to convert to going paleo. I'd love to hear your experiences, advice, recipes and tips!! Thank you in advance!!!!

Replies

• LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There's a support group on here specifically for Paleo. They have a lot of awesome stuff posted on there.
  • alwilson22
    Options
    Wonderful!! Thank you!!!!:smile:
  • lindsayforlife
    lindsayforlife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all you can eat is lean meat, veggies and fruit. It's incredibly hard to stick to...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,896 Member
    Options
    Here's some recipes. A good variety of foods.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-recipes/#axzz2Fc6mUVBu

Examples.

Raw Butternut Squash Slaw
    Chopped Bok Choy and Steak Salad with Olive Dressing
    Tomato-Garlic Butter
    Spiced Pork and Butternut Squash with Sage
    Lamb and Pomegranate Salad
    Dairy-Free Green Goddess Dressing
    Quick and Easy Mushroom Sauce
    Shortcut BBQ Ribs
    Shakshuka (Eggs Poached in Spicy Tomato Sauce)
    Pork-Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers
    Herb Chicken Cooked Under a Brick
    Primal Chilaquiles
    Balsamic-Glazed Drumsticks
    Salmon Mousse Gelatin Ring and Raspberry Coconut Gelatin Dessert
    Slow-Cooked Coconut Ginger Pork
    Raspberry Butter Sauce with Crispy Salmon and Salad Greens
    Lime and Basil Beef Kebabs
    Primal Purple Potato Salad
    Taco Bowl with Crispy Kale Chips

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-recipes/#ixzz2Fc7NxDi7
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all you can eat is lean meat, veggies and fruit. It's incredibly hard to stick to...

You're right, it can be difficult at the beginning to change one's mindset from everything revolving around processed foods, ubiquitous sugar/sweetening, grains and dairy, and being terrified of eating fat. However, I wouldn't characterize it as 'incredibly hard'. Approximately 50% of my diet is fat (with the exception of EVOO and coconut oil, the fats are mostly from meat & poultry, eggs bought at the farmgate, or from friends who hunt). For me, eating a paleo diet has been life changing and I'll never go back to eating the old way: read my profile ... no more acne, no more joint pain, and so many improvements in my well being. Anyone interested, there are more and more excellent resources such as websites, blogs, and books. A good couple books offhand are Practical Paleo, and It Starts With Food. Good health is so worth making the effort ... eating this way is more about 'health gain' than 'weight loss'. I feel fantastic and wish this feeling could be shared by everyone.