People at the Gym

Options

Replies

• dont make fun of the JEDI they have great power they have
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Gyms are a funny places really. Think about it, the stuff you do in a gym you never really do anywhere else - and we pay for the privilege!! If aliens were studying our society (some think they are lol) then they would have a field day on gym behavior and some alien would write his thesis on it.

Look the silly human, he pays someone to mow his lawn, move boxes around a warehouse, and drive him to work and then he turns around and pays someone else to be in their "house" and repeatedly lift heavy weights.

The whole concept is so foreign to basic human existence that all manners of absurdity now becomes normal there. It has only been, recently, (historically speaking) that we go to gyms for exercise. Go back some 500 years and this would be absurd.

I used to teach ESL (English as a second Language) to recent immigrants to this country (Canada). We did alot of field trips and invariable one of them would query about all the joggers out.

"Why are they running?" they would ask - "everyone has a car here".
    "it's for exercise, don't people jog in your country?" I would counter with
    "only athletes do, regular people work hard already, don't need to exercise"

edit; that said, I love going to the gym. heh

Along those same lines societies from the past would laugh at; camping, hunting, fishing, gardening, backpacking...those are all things humans used to do for survival....and now they're re-Creation.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Was he trying to use the Force to get his weights?

Because I do that all the time.

These are not the dumbells you are looking for (wave right hand slowly left to right).....

To the OP...dudes just psyching himself up. Maybe pointing at the dumbell he's going to destroy is just his way. When I golf and I'm on the tea box, I always point my club in the direction I'm going to smash the ball off the tea (ala Babe Ruth)...it doesn't often work, but I do it anyway pretty much every time. Just an example.
  • bobbiebearden
    Options
    That reminds me of a guy that use to come run on the treadmills at the same time as me most days. He would start out walking super slow then gradually add speed until he looked like he was going to get flipped off the back. Then he would scream. I mean, just crazy loud gut wrenching scream two or three times and then turn the machine back down and get off.

Scared the hell out of me every single time.

**I just literally lol'd. I want to see this!

Edited to add the actual post I was responding to. Message boarding while sick doesn't always turn out so well, folks!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    this is just another reason why i tune into my music and my iron and nothing else!!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    ROFL! That. IS. BRILLIANT!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It was this guy wasn't it? enhanced-buzz-661-1352996092-2.jpg
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    I dance while im on the stairmaster!! FTW!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    OP: I have no idea...Different strokes I suppose. I find it unnecessary.

I don't make any moans, grunts, screams..Not even a peep...and I set my weights down in a controlled and collective manor.

Like a gentleman.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Only males make that noise in the weight area. Not sure why.

Not true!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence.
    When I see people like that I make a noise that sounds like "DOOOSH", not sure what it means though.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDRHmI_LJ8I

I tend to behave like this in the gym, air guitar and all. Why BECAUSE I"M AWESOME!!!!
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    That reminds me of a guy that use to come run on the treadmills at the same time as me most days. He would start out walking super slow then gradually add speed until he looked like he was going to get flipped off the back. Then he would scream. I mean, just crazy loud gut wrenching scream two or three times and then turn the machine back down and get off.

OMG! hahaha
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    It is the other noises people make that make me laugh. Just because you have headphones in doesn't mean that the people around you didn't hear the fart.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    It is the other noises people make that make me laugh. Just because you have headphones in doesn't mean that the people around you didn't hear the fart.

No, those were the barking spiders. Fart what fart?
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was anticipating a coregasm
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    It really wasn't the *Chhhh* that was interesting, it was the fully extended arm and piont to which weight he was going to destroy. I'm sorry...I just thought it was funny =) Good thursday laugh.

I bet the weight just peed itself and jumped right into his hands too! Am I right?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Best. Movember. Ever!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Best. Movember. Ever!

This is just one more reason to love Australians.

I always air guitar before I lift.
  • akylios
    akylios Posts: 73 Member
    Options

i literrally loled as well. I would make it a point to come to the gym the same time every day just to be next to this guy. would make things interesting