P90X - Insanity - TurboFire - JM 30 day shred

Options
Has anyone done any of these? I have turbofire & Insanity , I just haven't gotten off my rump & done them yet.
Comments? Feedback?

Replies

• vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love beach body products. I have done P90x, Insanity, and Turbo Fire. I like them all but my favorite is Turbo fire. Like Nike, Just Do It.
    P90X- requires equipment
    Isanity and Turbo Fire is body weight
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    P90X not my favourite - pretty boring - but good to learn how to weight lift on your own if you don't already know.
    Insanity - hard as all hell, but pretty much just cardio. not good for strength
    TurboFire is awesome. Super fun, not so hard you want to die like Insanity, and not boring like P90x.... again, probably needs supplementing with weight training since these strength workouts sucko.

so.... good thing you have all of them!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I haven't done P90X, but I've tried Insanity...it's effective for cardio, but not much fun. 30DS is also effective (and a quick workout), but in my opinion, also not fun. I absolutely LOVE Turbo, though. It's super fun and a great workout.
  • one15ts
    Options
    I've been doing P90 (no X) since Nov. '11. Works for me. :smile:
  • pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire right now and just started it not too long ago, I love it so far. :bigsmile:
  • AngelR1015
    Options
    INSANITY is INSANE! But it works, you just have to turn your mind off and do the workouts! Concentrate on form and not so much on keeping up with them. Doing the exercise correctly is key! Also, try P90X if you decide that INSANITY is too much on you. P90X is with weights and bands, not all cardio like INSANITY is! Good luck :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I like P90X a lot. I love that it's a mix of cardio AND strength training (strength training days are easier for me then the cardio days).

I like weight lifting to begin with so I don't find it boring. I think it has a good pace, things are constantly being mixed up so it's not like you do the same thing for an hour or something.

It IS a big time commitment though (roughly an hour a day) so ... make sure you have the time to put in if you try it.

The only equipment you really need is weight bands (or dumbbells if you can afford those). I'm using bands and that's IT. It's working fine for me. I just hook the band onto my door for the pull up/chin up modification (around my door more like. Don't worry, it's safe).
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have all of them but the 30 day shred. So far I am on Insanity and I love it but it can be rough. Next I plan on doing P90x and then TurboFire.
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    this is my second time starting insanity. the first time i only made it thru the first month. this time i'll be finishing. i like it. it's painful.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Im ending L2 of the 30DS, ive lost 3 inches from my waist already, I love it.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've made it to week two of the MAX in Insanity...hoping my next round in January will make me a graduate. I am currently doing Jillian's 30 day shred and I do the cardio X from P90X a couple of times of week.

Insanity is my favorite
    I've committed to finishing the 30 DS by Dec. 31
    and P90X is just the extra I like to do because Jillian's is only a 20 minute workout.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    If your a couch cushion and looking to get into working out These may be too quick and tough. I would recommend JM 30 day shred it eases you into it while still getting results. Then when your a bit more athletic try these fast paced kill me quickly ones. Insanity seems to get the best reviews on this site. Good Luck =)
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing P90X. I really like it the weight is just melting off when I'm doing these workout which is what's keeping me going. I think next I will either do TurboFire or Insanity not sure which one yet.
  • Dani_Strength
    Dani_Strength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im currently on my second round of P90X and i love it! It targets every part of your body and give you amazing results! Im down 45 pounds in 4 1/2 months!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've been doing P90 (no X) since Nov. '11. Works for me. :smile:
    I've used Power 90 often too. Have you tried the Master series. Plyo legs is the best.

I've done 30DS too. That is a good beginner workout.
  • meredith2780
    Options
    I have done Insanity, TurboFire, JM shred, No more muffin top, Chalean Extreme and I have to say my all time favorites are TurboFire and Chalean Extreme which area Beachbody workouts. They worked best for me, super fun and the instructor is AWESOME. After doing the BB workouts I couldn't even go back to JM. I was so bored. Lol. Just get your trainers on and push play girl! You'll love it! And most importantly do it for you and have a blast. :)
  • Beaivi
    Options
    I did 1/2 of the 30 day shred. I had to leave the country 1/2 way through so I stopped and didn't re-start it lol...but it was pretty good while it lasted ;P
  • Jeanyusjean
    Jeanyusjean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Day 39 for P90X and I just completed Power 90 and lost 20 lbs. I'm debating between Insanity and TurboFire once I finish P90X. I've done a few TurboFire workouts at Fit Club and I really like them.
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    half way point of 2nd round of P90X. love it. on to P90X2 in Spring