The deal with Calories

Options
What do you do when you've eaten all of your calories for the day, by 7 pm?! Do you go into debt, or stop eating?

Do you choose what foods you can eat to get the most for your calories? Bargain eating!

And do you prefer the most amount, or the best quality food, for your calories? Quantity or quality?

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm really frustrated to have eaten all my calories so early in the eve. Darn those almonds! But tonight I'm motivated to stay on my calorie goal, so I'm going to drink tea until bed.

I often do the math in my head of what food is the best bargain for my calories. I've decided sugar free jello is the best! Diet pineapple yogurt is second. And coffee with diet soy milk is third.

Tonight I had to choose between one piece of 85% chocolate or 2 sugar free chocolate oatmeal cookies. Quality or quantity? I decided on the cookies.
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid eating beyond my calorie allotment for the day, so if I get to my limit early, I look toward zero calorie options (water, diet soda, miracle shirataki noodles) as well as adding some exercise (so I can earn more calorie entitlement). I also try to avoid foods that are calorie dense, except as a garnish (like bits of steak in a salad) or as a special treat (for which I plan by eating light the rest of the day).