MFP setting my calorie goal way too low?

Options
So i haven't seen any results in the past couple of days and its really frustrating me.. So i used another site to calculate around how many calories i should be eating to get to my goal weight. The site told me that i should be eating 1656 calories a day but here on MFP it tells me that i should eat 1200 calories.. is MFP setting my calorie goal way to low and affecting my weight loss due to eating such small amount of calories? I only lost 6 pounds and i think im already stuck on a plateau :(

I'm 18 yrs old 5'4 tall weight 132lbs and my goal weight is 117

Replies

• am06or
    am06or Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Try reading this it will help set a more realistic goal, especially with so little to lose. That being said yes MFP is probably setting a goal too low - but it is just a calculator and only uses the information that it is given (1200cals is the minimum it will allow)

Hope this helps :smile:
  • kittybabexo
    Options
    Thank you :) i will check that out xx
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sets everyones calories to that....Definatly too low. 1,500 is probably still too low but it would be better.....The amount of cals i need to eat to maintain is like 1,800..Im 5'3 and 18 years old.. Yours is probably 1,900 so subtract 300 at MOST and theres your "healthier" deficit.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Did you tell it you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week? If so, that's why.
  • kittybabexo
    Options
    Did you tell it you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week? If so, that's why.

i changed it to 1 pound per week and it just added 10 calories more lol