Belly fat

Options
I'm just wondering how everyone gets rid of that dang belly fat..........Is there any way easier than doing crunches and oblique crunches and all that other floor work for your abs..........I soooooooooo hate doing them........haha

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You need to do cardio to help in the burn of belly fat, then your abs will appear, no amount of crunches will expose the six pack you may already have if you have a layer of fat covering them.
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well kinda figured that.........haha, I do lots of cardio, between the machines and zumba, so I guess it all takes a bit of time til they appear again........lol
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Winsor Pilates works for me. It strengthens your core and tightens up all over!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Besides Cardio.. ZUMBA.... its awsome
  • emay45
    emay45 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You could try yoga. It really tones up the body.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Nothing gets rid of body fat except caloric deficits.
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Nothing gets rid of body fat except caloric deficits.

This is true... and remember that we humans tend to put it on at the waist first and take it off at the waist last.

Additionally, a very wise abs coach once told me, "Be very careful with abs work when you are trying to loose around the belly... the abs will not burn the belly fat any more than any other exercise, and in addition, you will bulk up the muscle underneath... making you look fatter in the long run."
  • barkmank
    barkmank Posts: 1
    Options
    whats zumba????
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    Pilates is awesome to me for just about everything, but especially for making the stomach area look good while you lose.
  • teresa011
    Options
    Well I must say I absolutely love zumba!! It is my favorite form of exercise to do. If u don't know what zumba is. It's a mix of Latin dance and aerobics and is a whole lot of fun!! Thanks all for the comments
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    Seems kind of redundant to say it again, but nothing works like the cardio + caloric deficits to burn off that stubborn belly fat.

At the same time, it's easy to get discouraged just by the abdominals and to miss the other improvements your body makes. Just keep eating right and continuing to pursue a healthy lifestyle. The abs will come in due time!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people out there running around with six packs who hate crunches as much as you do. If you hate crunches --- ditch them! There are a lot of other exercises that you can do that, arguably, work a lot better. Basically, any function exercise you do where you have to jump or balance yourself is going to work your core and help you get a nice, "pulled in" look. Add that to the obvious (caloric deficit and cardio) and you will get a lot farther than doing a bunch of crunches that you can't stand.

I really like yoga and pilates for the balance aspect. Also look up plyometric drills and plank exercises. Those also use the core.
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The cardio and caloric deficit is great advice but you must do weight training. I know your gonna say you don't want to look like a bloke, and you won't because women lack testosterone and it take years and alot of heavy weights to bulk up anyway. The reason why I say weights is that it burns more calories than cardio and it continues to burn calories after the workout whilst your body is repairing the muscle and if that wasn't enough the more muscle you have the higher you metabolism.
    Good luck in what ever you choose to do and allow atleast a month of trying something before you make a decision weather it works or not X
  • JsGordita
    JsGordita Posts: 70
    Options
    Winsor Pilates works for me. It strengthens your core and tightens up all over!

A friend of mine did pilates after she had her 1st baby and she said it was amazing and got her pre baby belly back really quick, i need to try it LOL.
  • teresa011
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it........Borisda, I do weight training 3 times a week to tone my muscles, the way I look at it is, why lose the weight and not tone up, then u have that extra skin just hanging around.......haha, but thanks again for all the advice!!