My daughter was born 50 lbs ago...

Options
Translation: 4 months ago.

I am having a particularly stressful holiday season, being a mom of two, a full time student and trying to close on a house by the new year. I needed to stop this morning and remind myself that I have worked really hard... and I've been ignoring my rewards! I didn't realize that I fit into jeans I haven't been able to wear for 3 years until yesterday... and now they're loose! I was grumpy about having to buy all new nursing tank tops because the ones I have are so ill-fitting... because I wasn't paying attention to how they've gone from super snug to baggy. So I am taking this moment to allow myself to be proud! 50 lbs is no small feat, even if I've been treating it like one! The reality is that it feels amazing to be able to say that my BMI is no longer in the obese range. I love knowing that I can have a Christmas cookie... it's no big deal... because I ate really healthy foods all day long and I'm not going to beat myself up for wanting a treat. Somewhere in the madness of being a new mom, I made a commitment to myself to lose this weight once and for all... and I've really been doing it.

Here's to 50 lbs and counting!!

Replies

• Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    P.S. My ticker says 31 lbs because I was here prior to getting pregnant and didn't count my pregnancy weight.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing accomplishment, congrats!!! And thanks for sharing!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    busy girl! I know how that feels. I have a 2 and 3 year old, pregnant again, and full time college student and also taking courses for something else. It can be stressful. Good that you think of the accomplishments to calm down a little!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!