My Gym NSV

Options
My heart rate recovery time is soooo much shorter than it used to be! Yippeee! Means I am getting healthier. Of course, now there is not as much rest in between sets... but so glad I am starting to feel my age. My trainer is also having me do things I never thought possible.... and I am doing it. ;-) Means the world to me. Now when my daughter wants to race or play tag... I say yes and start running instead of asking her if she wants a treat instead. Life is good.

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That is really what it is all about. Perhaps the best part is you are now passing along the better health to your daughter. That's making a difference for you both!
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep! My kids are a HUGE factor in me getting healthy. I don't want them to grow up struggling with weight. I want them to be active and enjoy moving. That won't happen if Mommy and Daddy's favorite pastime is going out to eat and watching movies. I am determined that we will be an active family. In order to do that, I need to be in shape. Working hard at it and getting there!!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    I love this. Such a great sentiment and healthy perpective. I remember being in a footrace with my 70 year old grandmother when I was 8 and her having to slow down to let me win. I want to be like that when I am her age...
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That is definately a NSV
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love this. Such a great sentiment and healthy perpective. I remember being in a footrace with my 70 year old grandmother when I was 8 and her having to slow down to let me win. I want to be like that when I am her age...

What a great memory! What a great Grandma!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options

What a great memory! What a great Grandma!

Yup. She was a ringer, though. She'd been a track star in college. :wink:
  • SMA1978
    SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I know Lucy and Jake love the new active Mommy!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!