Motivational ideas

Bryboy
Bryboy Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, does anybody have any motivational ideas to stay focused whilst on diets? I am starting out tomorrow on a de-tox diet for 10 days followed by the all important low calorie diet. How do you get over that craving feeling? Love to hear your ideas. Thanks Bryboy

Replies

• I Always drink my water, it makes it so much better, also i have gum on hand at all times, and also this may be mean but i see so many hugly overweight people and i say to myself that i do NOT want to become them. Also if you are craving a candy, get some sugar free ones, i get mine at the bulk barn, that way i can get 1 piece or 3, and not the whole bag since i will eat it lol
  • JECBY1
    JECBY1 Posts: 1
    Bryboy, I find it is helpful to take only one day at a time and really be in the present moment. For example, when I first started my journey (32 lbs ago)... I recognized many of my cravings were psychological and that's when I would dwell on the fat that might be on my liver, heart and I would think of how I pull all that fat off from inside a chicken or turkey. I would tell myself, "Yuk, I got to do this and get the fat out of my body. ( Goofy? Maybe, but it worked for me) On the other hand, if it was a biological hunger, I would eat a small vegetable or a fruit.

Did you know? People who restrict their calories live longer. Studies support the fact that low-calorie, optimal-nutriion diet can extend life by 30 to 50 %! (Eat this and Live)

Begin to mentally change your attititude about food, Good Luck!
  • reneerat
    reneerat Posts: 2 Member
    As a parent, I try to think of the part of me that wants foods I know are not good for me as my "inner child". I try to reconcile that "Mom" part of me that helps my children make healthy choices; the part that tells them "no"- with that child within me that wants, wants, wants. I tell myself "no", because I know what's best for me. Like my kids. Then, my children see me making healthy choices, and hopefully continue the cycle. Think of that part of you as one of your kids (if you have kids) and tell your inner child "no", or "not now." You'll be surprised how easy it becomes.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    I am on my third detox since starting my new lifestyle. I find that I don't have any cravings because I am still having calories (smoothies). I usually drink a diet pepsi each morning and don't care to have one with the detox. Follow the instructions on the detox and you shouldn't have any problems. BTW I am on the Food Lovers detox which is a great food plan (lifestyle) since July 2009 and released over 33 lbs. I have found that my body takes the weight off slowly which everyone says is the best. Some of my friends on FLs have released much more in a short period of time. But everyone is different.:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.