no calories from excercise?

Options
I am new to this site as of last week. I noticed that when I input my Crossfit and other strength exercise, the site doesn't give me calories burned for them. How can i calculate my calories burned from strength and conditioning exercise, like Crossfit, which also gives you aerobic results in its workout????

My calories and weight loss calculations are off b/c of this issue. can anyone help? thanks

lmg

Replies

• jodynels
    jodynels Posts: 5
    Options
    You can go on the internet, perhaps Crossfit has a site, find out how many calories are burned in any given time...and manually input it in on this site. Once you have put in a calorie burn off for say....20 minutes...this site will calculate the calorie burn for different durations. I did that with my Elliptical.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is definitely both cardiovascular and strength (assuming you are working hard and fast). You could input it as circuit training (even that might be a bit of a low estimate for the type of craziness I've seen at Crossfit). The best bet is going to be to get a heart rate monitor and get the most accurate estimate of your own personal calorie burn.
  • lmgarcia
    lmgarcia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you Y'all!!
    I will input it as circuit for now and adjust later....
    You are right Kaitlin, Crossfit is crazy, but crazy good! LOL I sweat and work my muscles more with it than with the typical cardio "bootcamp" at my local gym. right now I have a sprained finger so I can't do any exercise with hands (weighlifting, pushups, pullups, and such) until it gets better. So, i've adapted to walking, jumping, abs, and such....but i need my crossfit fix! LOL!!

cheers
    lmg
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I use the 'strength training' under the cardio section, then detail on strength what I did so I can keep track of upper/lower exercises
  • nevin_brown
    nevin_brown Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with the suggestion to get a Heart Rate Monitor. One that displays the calories you burn.

The number of calories burned on any particular thing depends on intensity level and won't always be the same, so if you estimate it using something on the web, you may be cheating yourself, because the estimation will assume the intensity is always the same.

Also, a HRM is more accurate than the calorie burn displayed in treadmills etc. I recently got one and use it all of the time. Good luck.