Sleep During the Day

Options
Hi just started on MFP yesterday and I have a problem hitting my calorie goals for the day because I have messed up sleep schedule and I sleep during the day. I am a student on break so I don't have a job to go to. I desperately want to change this and want to stop starving. If you would add me so you can take a peek at my diary. Help please

Also I am a former collegiate athlete and I'm not use to the incredibly low amount of calorie intake.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat at 8am, noon, and 6pm. Eat whenever you're hungry.

Also, your diary isn't open.
  • soTERRAble
    soTERRAble Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have just been told that it's not good to eat through out the night though.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    So quit sleeping all day. Get up and do something.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bro science, your body doesn't care, eat when your hungry. :wink:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Unless you've noticed a ticking noise from within your body, be assured it can't tell the time.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Set your alarm and go for a walk and eat. You can eat after 8pm too just make sure you get your calories in. You are tired for lack of eating your body is a machine that is low on fuel.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yeah man..you got 500+ extra calories you didn't eat? Why not? Assuming you plugged in your activity level and weight correctly the recommended calories are about right. Not eating at certain times is BS. eat according to your schedule.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I also have a screwy sleep schedule. I eat breakfast whenever I wake up, which is usually at night. I pre-log too.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Unless you've noticed a ticking noise from within your body, be assured it can't tell the time.

Actually, not true. There are proteins that tell time. Circadian rhythm can be your friend. http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/begin/dna/clockgenes/