Eating Out NSV

Went out to eat today on the boss's dime. Ordered a freakin salad, no cheese, no bacon, dressing on the side. Skipped the rolls. Drank zero-cal iced tea. VERY proud of myself. In the past, I would've used today as an excuse to indulge because it's a "special occasion," but I've found that I can't do that b/c it gets me off-track & I don't get back on! Just wanted to share my little success. :blushing:

Replies

• maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Good for you . You did a great job because I know that can be very hard.
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    That's terrific! It's so hard right now, with all the parties and goodies everywhere. We had our Christmas lunch at work today. I made a plate and brought it home for my son. Hope he gets here soon, so I can quit looking at it. There's cheesecake on that plate. Might have to just throw it out soon.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    That's terrific! It's so hard right now, with all the parties and goodies everywhere. We had our Christmas lunch at work today. I made a plate and brought it home for my son. Hope he gets here soon, so I can quit looking at it. There's cheesecake on that plate. Might have to just throw it out soon.
    Gaah Cheesecake is my ultimate weakness D:
    OP: Great job! :) We're all proud of you!
  • That's terrific! It's so hard right now, with all the parties and goodies everywhere. We had our Christmas lunch at work today. I made a plate and brought it home for my son. Hope he gets here soon, so I can quit looking at it. There's cheesecake on that plate. Might have to just throw it out soon.
    Same here. There were cookies and fudge up for grabs yesterday and I avoided them like the plague. I told my son about it last night when I got home, and he said "aww, you shoulda brought some home for me!" I told him sorry, I'm not taking any chances with temptation. I'm planning on allowing myself 'reasonable' treats on the weekend, but only if I stay away from all the super high-calorie treats at work. :)
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Willpower.. without it you will not succeed. Good for you. It's nice to have, cause you can't buy it, borrow it, or steal it. You either have it, or you don't.. and you have it! Way to go!.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member

I had a meeting with a hotel manager and regional manager for lunch today. They took us to cheesecake factory. I ate half of my lunch portioned plate and took two bites of cheesecake and called it a day. Now let's see if I can keep from eating the rest of it...
  • yayayayayay!!!!!:love:
  • Willpower.. without it you will not succeed. Good for you. It's nice to have, cause you can't buy it, borrow it, or steal it. You either have it, or you don't.. and you have it! Way to go!.
    And I've never had it before, so let's hope it sticks! lol
  • chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Great job and cheers to you for having way more willpower than me :)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Well done...understanding yourself is key to success. Keep up the good work!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    That is awesome I am not sure I have that much willpower, I too would use it as an excuse to splurge. Very proud of you!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Well done! Congratulations on your success today! :flowerforyou:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Good for you!

It's those day-to-day good choices that make all the difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!