Help!!!! Last two weeks have been tough:(

Options
Good Morning and Happy Easter,
I have at this since January, and have lost 21 pounds. But now I am finding it really hard to stay on track and lose anymore weight. I lost the first 20 pounds easy but know struggeling. I need some advice and guidence. I try to get to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I usually do the spin class. Help if you can.

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this cause I don't want to discourage you, but themore you lose weight the stricter you need to become, because it gets harder to lose, that's why you see so many people struggling to lose "those last 10 lbs" Change your diet up again, and definitely change your workout, add more intense cardio bursts, some different strength training sessions, and just know that if you continue to eat well and keep active you will eventually start to lose weight again. Think about how hard you've worked to get to this point and don't fall back into old habits!
  • dhudgin
    dhudgin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Easter,
    I have at this since January, and have lost 21 pounds. But now I am finding it really hard to stay on track and lose anymore weight. I lost the first 20 pounds easy but know struggeling. I need some advice and guidence. I try to get to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I usually do the spin class. Help if you can.

I have just gone through the same thing. Three weeks ago, I had a HUGE project due and I was eating on the run with no time to exercise one week. The next week was vacation. I had such a hard time getting my discipline back when before, I wasn't having any problems. I haven't gained anything but I wasn't losing either. I found it easy to take an extra bite of something here and there which i hadn't struggled with at all before the disruption, also I just didn't feel like exercising.

After "trying" to do better without much improvement, I DOUBLED my exercise. I jumped up my exertion level and time by a lot. That helps me not cheat because I am NOT going to work that hard only to blow it. Every time I am tempted to cheat or be a little lax, I go run or spin or something. We'll see if the scales show the improvement next Tuesday. Don't give up on all the hard work you have already done. You are worth it and you need to go back and remember why you started this in the first place. Find that beginning motivation and think about how much you wanted it when you started!!!

Good Luck- YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I always find a workout buddy helps. Pick someone in your spin class and see if you can motivate each other to go more consistently or join one of the support groups on here. Someone to be held accountable to helps me be more consistent.
    One of my friend uses a sticker chart herself. Whatever works for you!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    From my perspective, it has been almost like I am sabotaging myself; my self image has not caught up with the weight loss plus I doubt whether I will be able to sustain the maintenance. Don't know if that makes sense, but I too lost the first weight quickly and it became more tempting to slack off and "treat" myself because I deserved it. All I can say is that it is a mindset that you have to wake up with each day: I am going to eat and live healthy TODAY! And just do your best one day at a time. I do have a weight loss chart drawn on my bathroom mirror so that I am faced with my accomplishments so far each and every day. That helps me to start each day focused on my goal. Try to get back on track and yes, it does get harder as you lose more weight to lose those last 10 (where I am right now!). But it certainly won't happen if you don't put forth the effort and you know you can do it because you already have! So get back at it and recommit yourself one day at a time!
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter,

You are doing exercise but as someone was mentionning, please do look at your routine and try to break it. Could be doing different exercise and could be eating differently (but still very healthy). I am in the last 10 lbs and believe me, it takes a lot of work to get them off. I've always lost my weight easily but now by body is resisting so I try to change my workout and change the way i compose my meal as I was told that my body ended up expecting the routine and doesn't burn as efficiently. It has worked for me so far....

Good luck, and I"m sure you will do great :)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I loved reading everyone's ideas and and what each of you has been through. 'One day at a time' is also my credo. When I feel the urge to overeat that day, I look on line at all the dresses I want to fit into. I went (losing 16 lbs) from a size 18 to a 16. I do not want to buy until I am a size 14. I keep looking at the size charts and comparing my waist and hips to them. I'm not there yet, but I will be someday soon (2 months??) Hang in there fellow weight loss buds. BJB