What does it take to be a friend???

Options
Really what does it take? I actually care about my friends all 29 who have stood by me (love you guys). I try to help I try to say good job. I just log in and say, Hi at this time...Kind of like the alcoholic who goes to an AA meeting still drinking. Shouldn't we support him for showing up? I am not able to log my calories at this time I am not working out daily....PLEASE Stop adding me to drop my *kitten*. It says clearly on my profile who I am and what I stand for. I am here because I need help. I have an eating disorder. I work my *kitten* off to overcome it but my friends help me if you want to be friends with such a disordered person please add me if not?? Please don't add me. You are hurting me :(

Replies

• Cherie7575
    Options
    I haven't quite figured out the dynamics here myself - but I gather some people 'collect' friends to have numbers, and you don't need non-supportive people like that in your life. Try not to take it too personally (easier said than done I know).
  • Taes_Hunt
    Taes_Hunt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have been added and then dropped... cant be a good feeling. I don't claim to be an expert on your situation as I am trying to figure it all out myself, but I can be a shoulder to lean on if/when you need it.
  • Taes_Hunt
    Taes_Hunt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite figured out the dynamics here myself - but I gather some people 'collect' friends to have numbers, and you don't need non-supportive people like that in your life. Try not to take it too personally (easier said than done I know).

Same goes for you... we can all motivate one another... vent if we need to... this is a hard journey as it is, might as well have friends to help you.
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I actually never talk about being fat, and I really did not mean to advertise that. I more have trouble finding the medium, its either too much or not enough, But that is neither here nor there. I am trying to be healthy eat healthy and work out because I lack in that area. I got my feelings hurt and said too much. Anyway sorry if I gave anyone the wrong idea. I actually would like to delete the post but don't know how. Oh well. I am actually a pretty nice person would do anything for anyone and unfortunately wear my heart on my sleeve. Be well
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. They are doing you a favor. You don't need friends like that anyway. You are in the process of building a good support system. Good luck on your journey!
  • brandtsw
    Options
    Txglitter....Not sure if this will help but, you shouldn't worry about those people who only seem to want to collect numbers and not be a true friend. Be thankful for those friends you do have that support and encourage you...those who want to be friends but don't provide you support are only small minded and think of themselves...so don't get yourself worked up over those people because there are many like that and they come and go....but there are those that are true friends and supporters so be thankful for them....and if you want add me I will support and encourage....
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. They are doing you a favor. You don't need friends like that anyway. You are in the process of building a good support system. Good luck on your journey!

Thank you <3
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, most of the people on the internet aren't real anyway. We are just a bunch a faces in a crowd.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to your hurt about being deleted as a friend. The way that I use this site is that, if I stumble across someone who I seem to gel with, I'll add them. Sometimes, someone will add me. If it turns out that we don't interact very much, or they don't like what I have to say or vice versa, someone will delete.

I don't take it personally, because I want to aggregate around me a group of friends that I like and that like me; whether that's pursuit of common goals or a similar sense of humor or what have you.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I usually add anybody who asks... male, female... don't matter. I'm happily married and so I'm not into a lot of flirty stuff... Just pretty basic. As far as what it takes for me to drop? I can't think of anybody I have dropped... As long as friends are decent to me, I'll keep them... I have friends who are obviously into the business thing with weight loss BUT they don't push their product on me... that would be something I would likely unfriend... Or somebody who was just plain vulgar or whatever.. This site is different for different folks... We all have different goals and that is ok. I don't mind somebody getting in my business for the right reason... My goals actually have changed from the beginning... I started out with a weight loss goal and have progressed to a fitness goal. My goal weight changed from 170 to 190 and now 225... Why? Because I came to realize that BMI only tells part of the story... It is (to me) about the body fat percentage... Others beg to differ. I have opinions and am not afraid to share them but honestly, I am not offended if somebody has a different opinion... I did unfriend a facebook friend the other day when they gave me their phone number to some foreign country and told me to call them... OK, that was a little over the top. Best wishes on meeting your goals.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options

I accept people who add me, and only add a few who inspired me because they are my similar height and/or starting weight, or we have other interests in common. And a handful are real life friends. Plus my mom!

For now I'd rather have a small circle that we all can interact and motivate each other, than have 900 ppl who don't know who the heck I am and never comment cause they got so many friends they never notice me and vice verse. There's nothing wrong with the number of friends you have, whether it's many or few, just as long as it works for you. That is just what works for me. I think as people become more successful and reach their goal they pick up more and more friends along the way because people like me are looking for role models to be inspired by.