The 3 Day Military Diet

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Don't know but the calorie deficit diet works pretty well, I hear.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Looks like you lose weight quickly, but most likely not long term.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Holy hungry. I prefer the "hard way out" and longterm.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Does it work? Depends on what for. To get rid of a bunch of water weight - yes. It's a VLCD - nothing I would ever recommend.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Why did I think the URL read, blesseddummy? Hmm. Silly me.

To answer your question. No, it's temp water weight. I would only use it for pre-contest, pre-photoshoots.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You will need a new diet to lose regained weight by new years.
  • ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104
    Options
    I have heard of this diet but it was called the 3 day Cardiac diet and they use it sometimes to prep patients that are going to have elective surgeries. 3 days on 4 days regular for a month. It works but if you go back to how you were eating before it comes right back.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight manipulation. No fat loss.
  • Juashmom
    Options
    I actually just did it a couple weeks ago..I've done it in the past..I did lose 5lbs in the 3 days...I've already gained back 2 of it..However,....I haven't exactly been on my A game since I got off it....Also had my monthly visitor start the day I started..It was a rough 3 days!!!

I've done it before in the past and always lose 5lbs, usually it stays off but since I lost abit before i started, where as in the past I've used it to kick off a diet its hard to say...

Day 1 wasn't so bad...i felt pretty good
    Day2 gave me a horrible hunger headach I couldn't kick despite taking Tylenol...
    Day 3 was rough because of the headach, wanted to sleep all day and I got quite *****y when someone took the last bananna LOL...Never saw a bananna appear so fast in my life..

Day 4 I got up and made a nice breakfast headach almost immediately went away..

A friend of mine did it and claims she lost 10lbs..I havent' checked with her to see if she kept it off or if she did another cycle...I've never been able to do another cycle back to back...

Even if you can stomach the food and sustain some sort of energy level on the very low calories i wouldn't recommend it for the long term...If you looking to lose a quick 5lbs or so for a special occasion oor if you want something just to give you a kick start I say go for it...Despite the couple miserable days I would probably do it again but would be more concious of my monthly cycle which probably made the side effects worse...I'll probably try it again after the holidays when there aren't quite as much food around ,
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I actually just did it a couple weeks ago..I've done it in the past..I did lose 5lbs in the 3 days...I've already gained back 2 of it..However,....I haven't exactly been on my A game since I got off it....Also had my monthly visitor start the day I started..It was a rough 3 days!!!

I've done it before in the past and always lose 5lbs, usually it stays off but since I lost abit before i started, where as in the past I've used it to kick off a diet its hard to say...

Day2 gave me a horrible hunger headach I couldn't kick despite taking Tylenol...
    Day 3 was rough because of the headach, wanted to sleep all day and I got quite *****y when someone took the last bananna LOL...Never saw a bananna appear so fast in my life..

A friend of mine did it and claims she lost 10lbs..I havent' checked with her to see if she kept it off or if she did another cycle...I've never been able to do another cycle back to back...

Even if you can stomach the food and sustain some sort of energy level on the very low calories i wouldn't recommend it for the long term...If you looking to lose a quick 5lbs or so for a special occasion oor if you want something just to give you a kick start I say go for it...Despite the couple miserable days I would probably do it again but would be more concious of my monthly cycle which probably made the side effects worse...I'll probably try it again after the holidays when there aren't quite as much food around ,

So, in a couple weeks, you've had a net loss of 3 lbs? You realize you could have done that quite comfortably with a moderate calorie deficit, right? No 3 days of torture?
  • Juashmom
    Options

So, in a couple weeks, you've had a net loss of 3 lbs? You realize you could have done that quite comfortably with a moderate calorie deficit, right? No 3 days of torture?

LOL yes MoreBean13 I definitaly could have done the same thing over a couple weeks minus the torture...,,
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did that diet in high school. Gained lots more weight afterward. A few years later I developed an eating disorder. Coincidence?? Maybe... :frown:

Edited for typo.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Waste of time
    You'll gain it all back
    If you have a specific thing to lose for cool. If not don't bother
    /endthread
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    10 lbs of what?
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This can't be a good idea. This is a crash diet.