BMR & TDEE - So confused

Options
2»

Replies

• zoeyjane138
    Options
    im confused to lol..i have hypthroidism, and have had trouble loosing weight. i had my labs done, and my meds have evened out my thyroid for now, my dr told me to eat 1200 a day, that my1600 was too many calories, he said he doesnt even eat 1600 a day to maintain his weight.... my bmr is calculated at 1770. i dont want to eat 1200 for the rest of my life, but i also dont want to eat that, then have my body get use to that, and then gain everything back because i cant stick to 1200 calories.... i dont know what to do about this... it shouldnt be that hard...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    im confused to lol..i have hypthroidism, and have had trouble loosing weight. i had my labs done, and my meds have evened out my thyroid for now, my dr told me to eat 1200 a day, that my1600 was too many calories, he said he doesnt even eat 1600 a day to maintain his weight.... my bmr is calculated at 1770. i dont want to eat 1200 for the rest of my life, but i also dont want to eat that, then have my body get use to that, and then gain everything back because i cant stick to 1200 calories.... i dont know what to do about this... it shouldnt be that hard...

Your doctor must be a midget if he doesn't even eat 1600 to maintain. That is insane.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If you don't exercise, don't include exercise in your TDEE calculation.

Eat either the maintenance TDEE for your goal, or your CURRENT TDEE - 20%.

Simples.

If you're hypothyroid, the calculators will be wrong anyway, unless you get a BMR test done professionally.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If you don't exercise, don't include exercise in your TDEE calculation.

Eat either the maintenance TDEE for your goal, or your CURRENT TDEE - 20%.

Simples.

If you're hypothyroid, the calculators will be wrong anyway, unless you get a BMR test done professionally.

I AM IRONANIMAL AND I HAVE A BIG THUMB!
    Meds.

Take them Pu.