Basil Chicken with Feta

Options
I had this for dinner tonight and it was amazing. I layered everything in my crockpot starting with the chicken, and cooked it on low for about 6 hours. Served with couscous on the side.

2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can garbanzo beans
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup pitted green olives
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
4 oz crumbled feta cheese

Replies

• childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    yum, I love slow cooked meals. Will give this a go, thanks :)
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds very Greek. I'll be giving it a try.
  • silentmeowth
    silentmeowth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that sounds delicious but like it would take so long to make D; that's one of my biggest problems, by the time I realize how hungry I am,it's urgent and I don't have the patience to do anything except for microwaving something instant :/
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    that sounds delicious but like it would take so long to make D; that's one of my biggest problems, by the time I realize how hungry I am,it's urgent and I don't have the patience to do anything except for microwaving something instant :/

This is why I've learnt to pre-plan my meals.
    Getting a slow cooker means you can throw all the ingredients in when you go to work, and voilla, It's ready to eat when you get home. No cooking in the evening! (plus no added oils for cooking)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Cook big batches of foods like this and freeze them as your own frozen meals to zap in the microwave when hungry.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!