Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Options
You guys know how it goes: you commit to getting healthy, you get on your fitness high and it feels amazing...and then Life gets in the way and you fall off the wagon. Well, I'm not just off the wagon. I'm under it. I'm in the mud under a broken axle after I tried to ford the river but all my oxen drowned. (Yeah, that's an Oregon Trail reference. Can you dig it?)

Anyway, I'm ready to hose off and get back to being healthy and taking care of myself again. Been there? Done that? Well, I'm looking for fresh new MFP faces to meet and cheer on while I go for it myself! If you don't mind my constant geeky references and occasional (read: round the clock) whining about my gut troubles, I'd love to "meet" you. Howdy in advance!

-N

edit: me spell pretty one day

Replies

• the_seraphim
    Options
    nice to see you back, same story here... just watch out that terry doesnt catch dysentery
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi from Australia.
    Heaved the wagon off about 3 weeks ago! But shh, don't think it's noticed yet...
  • nicolemojan
    nicolemojan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If Terry catches dysentery I'm leaving him at Independence Rock, I'LL DO IT SO HELP ME GOD.
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole. I know exactly how you feel. I got back on the horse in October after a constant battle of gaining and losing weight for 8 years. However, this time feels different. I am highly motivated to be the fit, healthy person I know I can be. I've lost 22 lbs and have another 40 lbs to lose. I've been eating between 1200-1500 calories a day and exercising 6 days a week. I hope to continue on this path and lose the rest of the weight by June 2013. I'm getting married in October and I just want to feel great on my big day. Please add me as a friend and we'll motivate each other.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Its hard, ive been on and off, for the past 3 years. This recent stint ive kept going for the longest, its about changing your mindset more than anything.
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ditto! Feel free to add me!
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    terryoregontrail2e.jpg
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    ON off On off, I'm dizzy from the constant back and forth. I'm right there with ya!