Tasty Quinoa recipes?

Options
silentmeowth
silentmeowth Posts: 26 Member
Usually the only way I can make quinoa even taste good is by adding a whole bunch of unnecessary noodles and sauce. Does anyone know of any more "natural" recipes that don't completely negate the whole purpose of eating it?

Replies

• jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I haven't experimented much, but when I eat it it's usually for breakfast. I dress it up like I would oatmeal (usually cinnamon and raisins/fruit). Can make it creamy with some milk.

I imagine you could also use it as a substitute for rice... today used it as a filler for chicken soup.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Squeeze some lemon juice on it and serve it under a salmon fillet and poached eggs. Umnumnum.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I usually just add some chickpeas and veges like pumpkin and spinach. LOVE quinoa :)
  • aprilchu
    aprilchu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cook it in chicken broth to add flavor then add parmesan cheese and spinach.
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    I much prefer cous cous to quinoa, however I found that if I add a tablespoon (or 2) of tzatzaki to it and mix it through, it's quite nice.
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Saute 3 cups of mushrooms with a little worchestershire sauce, add lowfat mushroom soup (cream of or golden) with required water, and half a cup of quinoa, cook 15 min. Soooooo good if you like umami.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I put it on salad with chicken. Gives my salad a little texture... yummy!
  • henn1230
    henn1230 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For dinner: cook quinoa in chicken broth or vegetable broth. Saute red onions, garlic, sweet red pepper, and asparagus in olive oil, with salt, pepper and basil. Add to quinoa. Then you can either add shredded chicken or asiago cheese or both.

Absolutely delicious.
  • katieginger
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and I use quinoa for just about everything! I pretty much just use it to replace other grains, sometimes I make it like oatmeal for breakfast, mix it with some chopped veggies and dressing for lunch, eat it on it's own like rice, or my favourite way which is to top it with spaghetti sauce and parmesan. There isn't much you can't do with it, and I think it has a great nutty flavour just on it's own.