New mom looking for weight loss support! =)

Options
Hello, everyone. I gave birth September 25th and after gaining 85lbs, i'm struggling to get it off. I am breastfeeding and the weight is NOT falling off like I thought, so I have to do something. I would love support from anyone, but especially mommies! Add me!! =)

Replies

• Thalia0710
    Options
    Hi There! I am also looking for some support! It is funny I stumbled upon ur post because I just had my baby on September 26th. The only other thing is that he was my 4th and last! I have a 7 yr old boy, a 5 yr old girl, a 20 month old boy and a 2 month old boy. I am done having kids and want to get back to where I was before, I can dream! I just need some motivation. I am pretty good at watching my calories but trying to work out is frustrating I can always talk myself out of it! Wanna motivate each other?
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My highest preggo weight was 280 back in March of 2010. I'm now down to 202. Its possible, but requires hard work! I'll add you
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I had my little guy on October 9th - gained 44 pounds. The last few pounds seem to want to stay on me, but my focus is building muscle and losing inches ... Which is hard to do with a new baby!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ladies you are NOT alone!! I have struggled to continue to work at this weight loss since the birth of my twins 4 years ago :( I am finally back to where I was when I got pregnant ( Size 16) but my god did it take work! I definitely need to continue to lose and get fitter, but I like you all need support and motivation as well! So Ill add ya! I know I can be supportive.. now if I could support myself more ha ha Best luck!!
  • kendy45
    Options
    I had my daughter a year ago, and I'm still struggling to lose the weight. I found out that I was not mentally prepared yet to lose the weight, but only a couple weeks ago have I really decided to lose those pesky 60lbs that are keeping me away from my goal. Before this weight loss journey, I was looking for quick fix to lose the weight fast only now that I realize that it didn't take me 2 weeks to put on those 60lbs so how in the world am I expecting to lose it in one week. I have learned how to be patient earlier during the year so now I am applying it to my weight loss journey.

I am looking for weight loss buddies to accompany me in this journey so add me if you guys wanna join me.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I had my son September 1st with a 30 lb weight gain. But I actually was about 5 lbs above my ideal weight, and gained 5 pounds on the vacation during which he was conceived, so in reality I had 40 lbs to lose. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and lost 10 inches and 12 lbs in 6 weeks. Just started Ripped in 30 a few days ago.

We are breastfeeding, so I can't really diet, but I have started to make smarter food choices and cut out snacks. I'm SO hungry all the time!! :-( But I am down to 135, which is about 10 lbs above my goal weight. But that's actually not saying much because I'm just still so flabby around the middle. These 30 minute dvd workouts seem to work well for me, because I have a 6, 2, and 3 month old I don't have time to do anything more!

What's everyone else doing for exercise?
  • kendy45
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I had my son September 1st with a 30 lb weight gain. But I actually was about 5 lbs above my ideal weight, and gained 5 pounds on the vacation during which he was conceived, so in reality I had 40 lbs to lose. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and lost 10 inches and 12 lbs in 6 weeks. Just started Ripped in 30 a few days ago.

We are breastfeeding, so I can't really diet, but I have started to make smarter food choices and cut out snacks. I'm SO hungry all the time!! :-( But I am down to 135, which is about 10 lbs above my goal weight. But that's actually not saying much because I'm just still so flabby around the middle. These 30 minute dvd workouts seem to work well for me, because I have a 6, 2, and 3 month old I don't have time to do anything more!

What's everyone else doing for exercise?

I bought the biggest loser calorie knockout and the power walk. I love them because I sweat a river after I do them.