Do Carbs make you hungrier?!?

Options
I've been eating less clean lately, not as many veggies and fruits. For some reason, I've been craving carbs like crazy, but I'm never feeling full after eating. Do carbs make you more hungry?

I've also been eating enough lean protein to fill me up but somehow it still isn't helping...What do you eat to feel satisified?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    They sure do me. I can't speak for others.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    carbs are turned into sugar which spikes your blood sugar, proteinis the way to go.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating whole grain carbs with high fiber content. Never eat carbs alone, always with some protein.
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For me: yes. But I am a carbohydrate addict. When I cut them, the weight literally melts away. Protein is what you should eat. Meats, cheeses, etc. Oh. And find out your carb limit. This is where you can stil have carbs but loose weight. For some its 30grams, 50 grams, etc. Good luck and be well!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber make you feel full faster and longer. With carbs you have to eat more to feel full and then you'll be hungry faster because they are easy to digest.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Not feeling full and actually being hungry still are kinda different ( for me anyway) I can know I have eaten enough but still feel like another snack. I try to either drink water instead or have a protein shake ( about half a glass) with whatever I am eating ( if it is a small lunch or breakfast) It fills me up for a long time.Not sure if it is the right answer for you but , maybe worth a try? Good luck.
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Yes they do!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    For me, ABSOLUTELY!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    me too
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Definitely for me.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on the type of carbs. If I eat anything made with refined carbs (white flour, white rice, white sugar, etc.) I never seem to hit the point where I feel satisfied. I want to keep eating and eating and eating. Carbs from whole grains and veggies don't do that to me.
  • dixie395
    Options
    My doctor just explained this to me. Carbs increase the insulin in your body and insulin has a tendency to make you feel very hungry and not satisfied. He really likes the south beach diet because you get some carbs but are limited to the ones who don't increase the insulin so much in your body.