Parents of children who've....

Options
If you haven't read my posts, before, I don't have kids...and I'm not exactly a kid friendly type person. That being said, this recent media coverage of people who've lost their kids is a tish ridiculous. If a reporter even tried to interview me after I lost a loved one, I would not hesitate to beat the crap out of them. In fact, I would break their camera....and as a photographer, I know I'd be doing some serious monetary damage to them. And I wouldn't care what the repercussions were..

But why does the media get away with doing this? I'm waiting to see live coverage of some parent beating some reporter who tries to interview them in that state or attack a photographer who tries to get pictures of their house ect...just for profit. Let's face it, the whole "public has a right to know" is BS. What they do is an invasion of privacy. I've only photographed disasters (aftermath of tornados, floods ect..), and have never capitalized from it. This getting interviews/photos for profit should be prohibited in certain cases.

Replies

• JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    since you havent lost a child let alone lost a child to someones stupidity..... you NEED to talk about your child, what happened and the $hithole who did it to them. You want to know why.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    If you haven't read my posts, before, I don't have kids...and I'm not exactly a kid friendly type person. That being said, this recent media coverage of people who've lost their kids is a tish ridiculous. If a reporter even tried to interview me after I lost a loved one, I would not hesitate to beat the crap out of them. In fact, I would break their camera....and as a photographer, I know I'd be doing some serious monetary damage to them. And I wouldn't care what the repercussions were..

But why does the media get away with doing this? I'm waiting to see live coverage of some parent beating some reporter who tries to interview them in that state or attack a photographer who tries to get pictures of their house ect...just for profit. Let's face it, the whole "public has a right to know" is BS. What they do is an invasion of privacy. I've only photographed disasters (aftermath of tornados, floods ect..), and have never capitalized from it. This getting interviews/photos for profit should be prohibited in certain cases.

I don't think they are breaking any laws, although you would be

Causing someone bodily harm is not the right course of action
  • RubyRed8067
    Options

I also said I wouldn't care..
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    since you havent lost a child let alone lost a child to someones stupidity..... you NEED to talk about your child, what happened and the $hithole who did it to them. You want to know why.

You're not making sense.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

A) I think you would not actually do these things, you just are using the internet as a medium to act tough
    B) You either have mental health problems or are a bad person
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    29689-internet-tough-guys.jpg
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I just can't quit you, Ruby
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Edited because: Oh it's you. Sorry I gave I serious response.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

You're not making sense.

Sure she is. She's saying the parents who lost their children WANT to talk to the media. They want to talk about what happened and they want to vent their anger about the sh$tbag who hurt their child. It's part of the healing process for some people.

But I agree that those who say: I don't want to talk about it - should be left alone.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You're really good at knowing how you would behave in situations most of us can barely imagine. Go you!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    media has the right to post anything and do nothing.

tumblr_mfe6gl15uX1qgw1f2o1_500.jpg
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    You're really good at knowing how you would behave in situations most of us can barely imagine. Go you!

^^^^
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Many of these people are grateful for the prayers the world is sending for them and their children. They WANT to talk about their children. They want their children to be remembered. It can be therapeutic.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Stay 50 ft away from my kid.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Don't be a dingbat Ruby...or a douchecanoe.... or a weird, nasty, creepy nutbag who hates everything. You don't like kids, you don't like noisy kids, you don't like grieving families talking to the press...you are full of hatred and it's toxic. You're a toxic person who likes to craft. That's almost the worst kind of crafter there is.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

I can.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Wtf, isn't this supposed to be a weight loss, support and health site? I don't get some of these threads sometimes....:/
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

1356111463708.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My child is alive. I have no idea how I would respond if something like that happened to her.

No one who hasn't experienced what those families experienced can tell you for certain how they would behave.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options

I can.

^This lol
This discussion has been closed.