The best news ever! Come and celebrate with me! :))

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
Okay, I am the mother of a beautiful 18 month girl. I work full time. It is the suckiest of all sucky feelings having to leave my daughter in the mornings. I wish I could be a stay at home mom, but unfortunately, I can't. My income is important to our finances and our health insurance is from my work.

Anyways, I just went and asked my boss if I could work 4/10 hour days and have fridays off - HE APPROVED IT! I'll be working 6 to 4 and will have three days off with my girl! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Three days she is at home with her dad, my husband, one day she will be with my mom, and the other three days she is at home with me!

I AM SO HAPPY I can't stop smiling! :bigsmile:

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am the mother of a beautiful 18 month girl. I work full time. It is the suckiest of all sucky feelings having to leave my daughter in the mornings. I wish I could be a stay at home mom, but unfortunately, I can't. My income is important to our finances and our health insurance is from my work.

Anyways, I just went and asked my boss if I could work 4/10 hour days and have fridays off - HE APPROVED IT! I'll be working 6 to 4 and will have three days off with my girl! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Three days she is at home with her dad, my husband, one day she will be with my mom, and the other three days she is at home with me!

I AM SO HAPPY I can't stop smiling! :bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    YAY! This is awesome news! I wish I had been there for my daughter when she was little. It's such and important time.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!:flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you... i am in the same boat.

CONGRATS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is great Lina!! I am SO happy for you!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news!!!! I know it is becoming increasingly difficult to be a SAHM. It's hard to believe that less than one hundred years ago, most middle-class households were able to afford a live-in housekeeper! Now, we are the house-keepers and everything else it seems.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!

When I start to work outside the home again, that's exactly what I want!! I currently only babysit during the day Monday to Thursday and I love it!! But I"m only home for another year before my youngest starts school. :frown:

I am honestly happy for you, I completely understand your joy!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Lina!!!!!! :heart:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    OMG! That's the best news. I never got over leaving my baby in childcare. I asked my boss about the same thing, and she was unyielding. Needless to say, I'm not there anymore. Enjoy your little one.....:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. :happy: Kudos to your boss for letting you adjust your work schedule. :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!:drinker: Here's to spending more time with our kids!! I'm on mat leave still, and am already dreading having to leave the kids again. Luckily my sister watches them when I work so that makes it a little more bearable. The only thing though, with rising costs of daycare, and gas prices, I may not be able to afford to go back on my 9.50 per hour job. I have to go back to something though, there's no way we can afford to make it on just my husbands wages.