Parents of children who've....

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Wtf, isn't this supposed to be a weight loss, support and health site? I don't get some of these threads sometimes....:/

"Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games," dear.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Sigh...You hate children so much yet you make a point of bringing up children, pain, torture and heartache at every chance you get.

I'm sorry your childhood was so horrible. Please stop talking to us and talk to a therapist. Please.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    You're really good at knowing how you would behave in situations most of us can barely imagine. Go you!

^^this

You have a strong opinion about a lot.... and a lot to do with kids and family...... which you have NO IDEA about.

I'd quit these topics since you aren't ahead... and not making any friends either.

until you have kids and suffer a loss, you have NO RIGHT to judge how anyone acts.....

And what is it with you and physically hurting people..... you have issues.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    I have two kids. And if anything ever happened to them I dont know what I would do. You dont know what these parents are going through and why they are talking to the media. Dont judge the media. They are doing their jobs respectfully.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    2DMUY.gif
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    lol angry crafting.

angry_zps0ce802c8.jpeg
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Because victims need voices to...Also.. the media does give these families the right to turn down the interviews, and some of these familes are reaching out to the media to give voice to their babies, or to even let the shooters family know they do not hate them if the family feels they are OK with doing it who am I to judge?

Would I be on the TV talking about my child if I lost them (don';t have children of my own but i do have a child I consider to be like my own) I can't say... If I would be in the media or not and I hope above all else I never have to know.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    You don't have children, must less understand what a parent losing their child feels.

Perhaps it's time to shut down the judgement factory and just get on with your own life?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    If you haven't read my posts, before, I don't have kids...and I'm not exactly a kid friendly type person. That being said, this recent media coverage of people who've lost their kids is a tish ridiculous. If a reporter even tried to interview me after I lost a loved one, I would not hesitate to beat the crap out of them. In fact, I would break their camera....and as a photographer, I know I'd be doing some serious monetary damage to them. And I wouldn't care what the repercussions were..

But why does the media get away with doing this? I'm waiting to see live coverage of some parent beating some reporter who tries to interview them in that state or attack a photographer who tries to get pictures of their house ect...just for profit. Let's face it, the whole "public has a right to know" is BS. What they do is an invasion of privacy. I've only photographed disasters (aftermath of tornados, floods ect..), and have never capitalized from it. This getting interviews/photos for profit should be prohibited in certain cases.

You+need+help_439d92_3630914.jpg&sa=X&ei=GqHUUKfcO4rNrQGUtoGQBw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFtQdPIKaydUhOdaNXjhKODpD4y4Q
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Sigh...You hate children so much yet you make a point of bringing up children, pain, torture and heartache at every chance you get.

I'm sorry your childhood was so horrible. Please stop talking to us and talk to a therapist. Please.

Why do you hate the therapists so much? :(
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Fortunately, the parents of the victims have behaved in a sane, mature fashion.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    I honestly don't know what I'd do in this situation. I'd be so in shock.

I did see a story about a twitter feed though. A person who knew a parent of a child in the school tweeted that they just found out and don't know about their child yet.

Reporter tweets back if they could get an interview

Original tweeter then replies to reporter "Eat a "male reproductive organ""

If Westboro Baptist showed up at my child's funeral though...there would probably be a physical confrontation, unless the freedom riders showed up, as they did in NewTown.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    You're a special padded room no showlaces for you kind of snowflake.

But I think the news people talking to children about what went on should be shot. Parents are one thing. Children that were there are a completely different story.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Your post holds no weight because you are talking about a situation you have no personal experience with. I can tell you what I'd do if aliens decended and started taking over the planet.
  • That is a great picture! lol
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    If ever TV reporters tried to interview me and I didn't want to say anything they'd get the same two words out of me. It's not "no comment" the first word would get censored here (and on TV) and the second word would be "you"

I wouldn't be surprised if the people being interviewed WANTED to talk as part of their greiving/coping process.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member

But I think the news people talking to children about what went on should be shot. Parents are one thing. Children that were there are a completely different story.

The reporters aren't the problem. The parents who ALLOW these interviews are the problem.
  • You remind me of my SIL...who judged us for putting a paci in our daughter's mouth as an infant. "I will NEVER give my child a paci," she said. Until she had children of her own.

Try some empathy and compassion, not just from your own narrow-minded perspective.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Your post holds no weight because you are talking about a situation you have no personal experience with. I can tell you what I'd do if aliens decended and started taking over the planet.

Exactly. I, for example, could tell you how to speak to an idiot on the interwebz who has no children, doesn't want children, but wants to assume what they would do in various situations if they did have a child. Smfh
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member

The reporters aren't the problem. The parents who ALLOW these interviews are the problem.

So a parent was just walking around with their child "Interview my kid! Interview my kid!" No... a reporter had to go up to the child. And in a moment of chaos and when a parent (most likely) wasn't around but the child was under the care of a teacher or other adult along with 30 other kids... yeah. The parents are totally to blame for that.
This discussion has been closed.