Parents of children who've....

Options

Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    One question : Why do you keep posting threads about children?

wasnt there one yesterday? And another one today? Why? You have no kids... do you dislike children that much?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    One question : whats up with you keep posting threads about children?
    No ****. Its starting to get creepy.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    You're a special padded room no showlaces for you kind of snowflake.

But I think the news people talking to children about what went on should be shot. Parents are one thing. Children that were there are a completely different story.

The reporters aren't the problem. The parents who ALLOW these interviews are the problem.

So a parent was just walking around with their child "Interview my kid! Interview my kid!" No... a reporter had to go up to the child. And in a moment of chaos and when a parent (most likely) wasn't around but the child was under the care of a teacher or other adult along with 30 other kids... yeah. The parents are totally to blame for that.

I'm pretty sure the parents give consent for their child to be interviewed. Just sayin'.

Of course I haven't watched every interview that's been on, but the ones I saw there was a parent there. *shrug*
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Ironic, based on your other thread, that your first reaction to an unpleasant situation would be violence.

But please, keep sharing your opinions. The world according to Ruby is fascinating. I love your perspectives on situations you know nothing about.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you haven't read my posts, before, I don't have kids...and I'm not exactly a kid friendly type person. That being said, this recent media coverage of people who've lost their kids is a tish ridiculous. If a reporter even tried to interview me after I lost a loved one, I would not hesitate to beat the crap out of them. In fact, I would break their camera....and as a photographer, I know I'd be doing some serious monetary damage to them. And I wouldn't care what the repercussions were..

But why does the media get away with doing this? I'm waiting to see live coverage of some parent beating some reporter who tries to interview them in that state or attack a photographer who tries to get pictures of their house ect...just for profit. Let's face it, the whole "public has a right to know" is BS. What they do is an invasion of privacy. I've only photographed disasters (aftermath of tornados, floods ect..), and have never capitalized from it. This getting interviews/photos for profit should be prohibited in certain cases.

1) I agree it's distasteful.

2) You really shouldn't make threads about this.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I must say that I am pleased with your decision to not have kids.
  • Princess41463
    Princess41463 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you haven't read my posts, before, I don't have kids...and I'm not exactly a kid friendly type person. That being said, this recent media coverage of people who've lost their kids is a tish ridiculous. If a reporter even tried to interview me after I lost a loved one, I would not hesitate to beat the crap out of them. In fact, I would break their camera....and as a photographer, I know I'd be doing some serious monetary damage to them. And I wouldn't care what the repercussions were..

But why does the media get away with doing this? I'm waiting to see live coverage of some parent beating some reporter who tries to interview them in that state or attack a photographer who tries to get pictures of their house ect...just for profit. Let's face it, the whole "public has a right to know" is BS. What they do is an invasion of privacy. I've only photographed disasters (aftermath of tornados, floods ect..), and have never capitalized from it. This getting interviews/photos for profit should be prohibited in certain cases.

I know exactly what you mean. I do have children and every time I see anything in the news regarding children being lost, abducted, killed, etc. and I see the parents making the rounds on the interview circuits I just can't fathom where their strength comes from. I feel like I would be crumbling into a pile of ashes and unable to function in any capacity - much less get dressed and face the public and reporters etc. But the person who posted after you was right about those people "needing" to talk about it. It's their only coping mechanism at that time; their only link to a child they've lost. I think they are in such emotional shock they just don't know what else to do. They must go on some kind of auto pilot that none of us who have never experienced that could begin to understand. I hope I never have to find out.
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    cm-27811-1508860c9c2366.gif
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You're an idiot. These parents, undoubtedly, are in a haze. There is absolutely no way to make sense of what occurred especially if you're a parent, let alone one who has been directly affected. The entire situation is incomprehensible.

Furthermore, you have absolutely no right to make insinuations on how a parent should cope. You have no kids, you clearly made the distinction that you're not fond of children, so why even voice your opinion? At the end of the day, its irrelevant.

Hop back on your white horse of photography justice and go petition your opinion elsewhere.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You're a special padded room no showlaces for you kind of snowflake.

But I think the news people talking to children about what went on should be shot. Parents are one thing. Children that were there are a completely different story.

The reporters aren't the problem. The parents who ALLOW these interviews are the problem.

So a parent was just walking around with their child "Interview my kid! Interview my kid!" No... a reporter had to go up to the child. And in a moment of chaos and when a parent (most likely) wasn't around but the child was under the care of a teacher or other adult along with 30 other kids... yeah. The parents are totally to blame for that.

The media can't interview a minor without parental consent.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Never ****ing mind.

Still not ****ing worth it.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

Because she is craving attention and everyone gives it to her. Which is fine. Everyone seems to be happy in their respective roles. She found a subject that gets responses and is going to milk it until it is no longer giving her the attentions she needs. At that point she will move on to some thing else. It would be the same as posting a thread "Women who abort pregnancies are killers and should be jailed". I dare someone to go there. Usually I would, but I am tired with a sick child puking everywhere, which is something else I am sure the op hates in some way. Carry on!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    i just read your other thread about kids, that got locked..You are an IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dub_D
    Options

I second this. It's really odd. You must be able to see that...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I second this. It's really odd. You must be able to see that...

^^^^^
  • Dub_D
    Options
    Because she is craving attention and everyone gives it to her. Which is fine. Everyone seems to be happy in their respective roles. She found a subject that gets responses and is going to milk it until it is no longer giving her the attentions she needs. At that point she will move on to some thing else. It would be the same as posting a thread "Women who abort pregnancies are killers and should be jailed". I dare someone to go there. Usually I would, but I am tired with a sick child puking everywhere, which is something else I am sure the op hates in some way. Carry on!

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about this :wink:
  • Princess41463
    Princess41463 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not sure why there are so many negative and nasty posts on here bashing the OP. There was nothing wrong with her post, nothing rude or judgmental about it either. She is only commiserating with the parents who are bombarded by reporters during the most emotional times of their lives and wondering why their aren't laws to protect those parents. She's showing empathy for people who do have children - even though she's not a parent.

I wish there was a way to delete the comments of people who get out of hand and ugly. This is supposed to be a supportive place to come - there's starting to be too much bashing on here. I hope there are others who don't want to see this kind of stuff happening on here.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about this :wink:

I had exactly the same thought. And then you posted it.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    She's started now three controversial threads slamming parents and/or children. That's why we are all looking at the OP going...."What? You again?"
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

True. I just gave her the attention she wanted and reported her. She may not be breaking any MFP rules but if this is some lead-in to someone getting ready to do harm to kids I would rather be cautious than feel like I did nothing. At least if she crosses the line she is on the mods radar.
This discussion has been closed.