Goals Help: Ladies around 5'5"

Options
Hey! I'm Taylor and I'm finally starting to get serious about losing weight after gaining about 60 lbs in a little over a year and watching my health go down hill so quickly. I just wanted to share my goals and see others goals as well and get some feedback, so here goes nothing(:

I'm currently almost 5'5" 215 lbs
hips 46"
waist 36"
bust 43" (38D)
Thighs 27"

Goals:
125 lbs
hips 35"
waist 25"
bust 38" (34C)
thighs < 20"

They will probably change as I get closer to my goal weight but this is what I've got to start with. I think I'm an hourglass or at least when I was smaller (around 150) that's what it seemed.

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    5'5" 133 lbs.

35-29.5-36
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Here's a nifty site that helps to identify shape.

http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape.html
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Glad you "goal" is a 34C. I went from 38D to 36C and I am NOT happy about it!! lol
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    5.4 1/2"
    23 years
    My goal is 125 (which I got to 2 years ago, but then regained half of what I lost)
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi tnpxx94

I wanted to give you my "stats"......as I know when I began to lose weight I also wondered what other women my height were and were they happy with it?

I am 5'4" and i am about 159. I actually still feel slightly heavy.....but nothing like before at 186-188. My CURRENT stats are......37 30 38. My upper arms are 10 and my thighs are 19 1/2. Yes..my bra is in fact 34D.

I began at higher numbers...but started up seriously again this summer. 40 32 40. Arms 11....Thighs 21. Calves from 15 to 14.

I would suggest going by your measurements more so than your weight. My weight doesn't move much these days...but the inches do go down. Of course...this means I am gaining muscle and losing fat.
    I actually feel quite close to my goals! :blushing: My first goal is 36 28 36. Eventually....my final goal is 34 26 34. I burn A LOT of calories on the eleptical....weight classes and especially...spinning. GREAT for the lower body! Find what you love to do and stick to it! Weigh and measure every 2 weeks or so. Don't worry about how long it takes. It will happen if you do everything right!! :drinker: Cheers!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that losing weight will happen EVERYWHERE and it is unrealistic to expect to go from a pear shape (which your current stats suggest) to an hourglass (you goal stats) without having plastic surgery. You will probably lose weight everywhere, but other's with your shape tend to lose bust quickly and hips slowly. Try not to have unrealistic goals because it will only discourage you!

That being said, I'm 5'5" and my stats are 35"(32F)x24"x37" with 21" thighs, and I'm pretty happy with that. Currently just working on firming certain areas up and building muscles.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I never thought about making an "inches" goal! How could you possibly know what your measurements will be when you get to your goal?!?!?! I am 5'5" currently at 156 lbs... sw was 190. My waist is now around 30" and my thighs are closer to 17"
    My goal weight is 130, but I'm sure that will change if I like what I see before I get there -OR- I get there and I still don't like what I see :smile:
  • missliss4763
    missliss4763 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'4" and I have also gained 60lbs over the past year! I haven't measured myself yet but will do this weekend. This works better for me because I am built solid. It's really weird because no one ever believes how much I weigh. We can do this!
  • hayz182
    Options
    5'5"
    197 lbs
    Waist: 33"
    Hips: 43"
    Bust: 40"

(Pear Shape)

Goals:
    135 lbs
    Waist: 26"
    Hips: 36"
    Bust: 34"

Feel free to add me as a friend!!! :)
  • silentmeowth
    silentmeowth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5'5'', approx: 145-150 lbs. Don't own a scale, haven't even weighted myself in years because of shame that comes from seeing the numbers. Know I'm going to need to get one to be serious about this. Going to need a tape measure too, I have no idea of my measurements; let's just say that profile in the mirror is seriously gross. Looking to get down to at least 135, but why stop there? I'm putting 125 as my goal on here because it'll give me more motivation than a number in the 30's.
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi...and this goes out to Wax Mama. You ask how one can make a "measurements" goal when one has yet to achieve their goal weight. The answer is.....think of this analogy. There are a LOT of runners out there. Some run for time...working up to say a 1 hour run. Some run for distance....working up to say 10 km. Both are correct.

In this same way....one chooses Measurements goals vs. Weight. I personally feel that weight alone is a "negative connotation" measurement. We have all stepped on the scale...stepped off...then stepped back on...and the weight is different each time. Also...we can weigh ourselves one day....do everything right....then the next day....mysteriously lose or gain 5 pounds.

My personal belief is that FAR too much emphasis is placed on weight alone. Weight consists of your muscles, bone, when the last time was you voided, etc. Measurements...therefore clothing sizes...don't "lie". You are a size 12...or you are a size 6. Weight is not pertinent. If you aim for a measurements goal....or a clothing size....you are FAR less likely to get depressed at what the scale says. Having gone from a size 12 to a size 4 jean. (in the same brand..which is important) and losing about 30 pounds.....my goal was the size. The pounds didn't matter. So I will continue to ALWAYS make measurement and size goals...and pay VERY little attention to the scale! :ohwell: Cheers! :)
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting Weight: 220
    Current Weight: 116
    Goal: 110 - 115

I really have no current measurements other than my bust, which was 38C and now 34B.
    Hope this helped! ^_^!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    5'5
    121lbs
    Body Fat %: 25-26
    Bust: 32C
    Waist: 26 5/8
    Hips: 35 1/2
    Upper thigh: 20 1/4
    Mid thigh: 17 3/8

Goal:
    112lbs (then a bulk. idk what weight I will end up & idc. Body fat % is always most important.)
    Body fat %: 17
    Bust: 32C
    Waist: 22-24
    Hips: 32-34
    Upper thigh: not sure would like the flab to disappear
    Mid thigh: want more muscle!! My legs are SO SMALL!