Christmas Goodie Assistance!

Options
Hey there!
Anyone feeling a little bit weaker during Holiday season? I am finding it harder and harder to be strong and resist those fat little chocolate Santas. We should all ban together and stand up to those calorie loaded treats! :)
I would greatly appreciate any offered support, so please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    for me its the cookies at work.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My tactic is that I'm going to save my 'extra' calories for only the treats that I really, really love. The ones I only get at Christmas. Anything that is just so-so, or I can get another time... forget it. If I'm going to take the calorie hit, it's going to be for the treats that I will enjoy the most!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Brownies in the break room!
  • ibach08
    ibach08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! All the cookies and candies are screaming my name and it is impossible to resist!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    No can do missy. I loves biting the heads off of chocolate holiday icons too much to give it up now.

Good luck to you though.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am chewing on a homemade caramel from a cookie plate right now. I regret nothing.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    One of my tactics is not cooking/baking any of my trigger foods for the holidays. If they are in front of me, I'll probably eat more than I should. I've been lucky so far in avoiding the treats that seem to be laid out everywhere. They were having a "customer appreciation" day at my bank today with a table filled with cookies and candy, including gingerbread cookies which are a HUGE trigger. I took ONE, wrapped it in a napkin and brought it home. If I'd eaten it there I would have gone back for more!
  • nharder1
    nharder1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My tactic is that I'm going to save my 'extra' calories for only the treats that I really, really love. The ones I only get at Christmas. Anything that is just so-so, or I can get another time... forget it. If I'm going to take the calorie hit, it's going to be for the treats that I will enjoy the most!

So true! Great idea.
  • nharder1
    Options
    I'm right there with you! All the cookies and candies are screaming my name and it is impossible to resist!

And everyone keeps bringing in presents that include candy!! My boss gave us all a box of Russell Stover gourmets... ughhh drool drool, they are still wrapped.. for now..
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Big bag of Lindt chocolates on my desk right now that was a gift from my boss. Last year I would've gone thru half the bag by now, but it remains unopened because they don't fit into my cals/macros today and it's not worth going over.

I'm being really diligent until Christmas Eve dinner when I can have (reasonable portions of) Mom's lasagna and Grammy's bread pudding with a 4oz glass of egg nog! Like another poster said, I'm indulging in my favorite Christmas foods but anything else that I can get all year or that isn't my favorite just isn't worth it to me. I've come too far to undo it.
  • nharder1
    Options
    We also got fruit from headquarters, but they aren't as appealing.
    Oh well, guess I will be spending extra time at PF.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    just have a couple and be done with it. i had some last night, saved up enough calories for it, ate them, logged them, moved on...
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I consumed nothing but water and grapes for the last two weeks in order to shrink my stomach to make it impossible to eat to much this year.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Im lucky, I hate sweets! But tamale day and finger food day at work kicked my butt.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    For the past 2 weeks, I have had to sit next to the cube where we have been putting all of the perishable gifts from vendors: cookies, chocolate, fruit, chocolate, crackers, chocolate, meat, chocolate, cheese, chocolate, popcorn. Did I mention chocolate?Driving me freaking crazy. Last year I would have eaten half it, this year things are a lot different, though I've eaten a chocolate covered cherry or two, mostly I've been eating all of the fruit. So far no one is complaining that all of the fruit is gone. Hmmmm.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    you dont want to be unrealistic about the holidays... chances are, your going to indulge a bit, so plan for it, so you are prepared to make better choices! i know im going to eat fatty treats on christmas... i planned at the begining of the month, for my 2 free days to be christmas eve and christmas day... so, that way i dont feel like im letting myself down or like ive fallen off the wagon... its my plan, and thats the only way i have been able to stay on track these last 3 months! i went from 246 to 201 since september having 2 planned "free" days per month... working out great for me! i love christmas, and all the good treats that come with it... im not going to deprive myself!
  • nharder1
    Options
    I've come too far to undo it.

This is truth that I need to keep in mind.