Starbucks Coffee Anyone?

Options
I need some help. I love love love getting coffee from starbucks. Mochas in fact. I know they are full of calories so I was wondering some tips so I can still get a coffee and make it with less calories? Is soy milk less fattening? Please help!!!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you're getting joe to give you a jump start in the morning, you can replace it with chugging 30 oz of water in less than 2 mins as soon as you get up. It will wake your body up and get you going for the day. Voila! Calorie and money issue solved :)
    Hey, you asked for help ;)
  • Slothloveschunk
    Slothloveschunk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually worked at Starbucks and Soy Milk is actually the most fattening believe or not. Order an Iced Tall, non-fat, no whip mocha and that should be okay. The iced drinks are 60 calories less than hot because of less milk. This should get you started until you kick the caffeine habit completely.
  • jaci232
    jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    the mocha lite frapps w/o whip are excellent and only 140 cal for a grande.
    i also like the skinny cinnamon dolce lattes and skinny vanilla lattes (tall=only 90 cal!)
    i always try to order the "skinny" version of starbucks drinks b/c they use nonfat milk and sugar-free syrup if available.
    the shaken iced passion tea (nonsweetened) is a great option for summertime as well, and only about 80 cal for a grande.
    i know how hard it is to kick the caffeine and coffee addiction, and i find these low cal options tasty and manageable to include in my food diary!
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I might actually try all of them! MMM... sounds so good I want one right now lol
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I like the non-fat iced lattes w/ an extra shot of espresso and a packet or 2 of splenda....fabulous! :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to substitute half coffee with the mocha concoction? Half the calories :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I usually get a double shot espresso over ice or a skinny latte (tall size).

Check their nutition guide online before you go!
  • jordan_vakil
    Options
    I always get an iced vanilla latte with skim milk and sugar free syrup, the only calories are the milk. I used to work at a coffee shop like starbucks, and you can serouslt rack up some calories with some of the drinks, just bypass the Whipped cream and whole milk at least.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    The Skinny Lattes are delicous and calorie friendly :)

I personally LOVE the Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Besides water, I think the coffee drink with the least amount of calories is an americano. What I typically have is an iced americano with a splash of fat free milk and some splenda.. It has about 20-30 calories total depending mostly on how much milk you add.
  • Alexis1227
    Options
    I'm currently drinking a tall non-fat, no whip dark cherry mocha and it's only 210 caloriess/44g carbs. This is my snack for the day after doing my morning workout so I don't feel too bad about it.
    The key is non-fat/skim & no whip and stick with a tall or short. And the skinny latte's are actually pretty tastey as well.

Oh and you can go to the SB website on their nutritian menu and play around with what milks will lower/up the calorie content in them.
  • nicolel18
    nicolel18 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am a Starbucks FANATIC! Although I have been watching what I eat/drink its hard for me to cut out Starbucks...I get everything with non fat milk and make sure I never get whipped cream. If you are in the mood for an iced tea instead you can get their black iced tea, green tea or passion tea all unsweetened and its only 80 calories for a grande or 130 for a venti. I also LOVE caramel macchiatos so I always get them with non fat milk and ask for the sugar free vanilla syrup which will save you about 70 calories so if you can a grande iced caramel macchiato that way its about 120 calories. I also ask them to go light on the caramel sauce. But you can get skinny lattes with any of their sugar free syrups and they are only about 100-130 calories for a grande. Some are less. Unfortunately they do not have sugar free white chocolate mocha syrup or sugar free mocha syrup so that kind of stinks. But if you want to cheat a bit just get a tall and get no whipped cream and non fat milk... :)
  • catlynna
    catlynna Posts: 7
    Options
    The Tai Chai Soy Latte is a great substitute for coffee as I have given up coffee, articificial sweetners and dairy products.. the nutritional content is on the starbucks website and this website as well. If you don't want to give up coffee,dairy and/or artificial sweetners then order the tall SF cinnamon dolce lattte with non-fat milk it comes to about 90 calories for that... really who can give up starbucks.. ;)
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Any flavor of tall skinny latte is 90 calories. Sometimes this is my treat for the day instead of skinny cow.

I like the recent Cinnamon Dolche they have. Also the hazelnut.

Yum!

They have ALL of their calorie information on their Web site. I'm from Louisiana and I was SO upset when I found out that CCs Coffee only has about 5 items on their site. I guess we're also supposed to a ton of math to figure out the rest? I dunno, but Starbucks has a ton of information about how to get healthier options. Not sure if they have them at any locations near you, but I was able to get a brochure that had the calorie count of every drink they have with every milk and syrup combo you could imagine.
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    We don't have any Starbucks up north where I live, the nearest one is in Wausau, but when I do go, I like to get
    a tall coffee with 2 shots of espresso, and sugar-free vanilla flavoring, I don't add to much skim milk, cuts on the
    calories......
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    How about just a plain coffee?
    I was concerned about the calorie content, so I contacted Starbuck's. They said their regular coffee (House Blend. Breakfast, ect.) have no more than 5 calories per 16 oz serving. Of couse, what sugar and cream you add to it will change that.
    I love my coffee!!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    (Of course the columns don't copy over well, so I've included the link below)
    http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200

Delicious Drinks Under 200 Calories

Looking for the lighter side? Right this way.

When you’re as passionate about beverages as we are, you naturally want to share them with the whole world. And that includes the great many of us who are looking for lighter options. For you, we have these delightful hot and cold drinks, all under 200 calories.

Cold Drinks (Tall) Calories Fat (g)
    Caramel Frappuccino® Light Blended Coffee 130 1
    Coffee Frappuccino® Blended Coffee 180 2.5
    Shaken Tazo® Iced Passion® Tea (unsweetened) 0 0
    Shaken Tazo® Iced Black Tea Lemonade 100 0
    Nonfat Iced Vanilla Latte 120 0
    Nonfat Iced Caramel Machiato 140 1
    Iced Coffee (with classic syrup) 60 0
    Iced Skinny Latte 60 0
    Hot Drinks (Tall) Calories Fat (g)
    Brewed Coffee 5 0
    Brewed Tazo® Tea 0 0
    Nonfat Tazo® Green Tea Latte 150 0
    Nonfat Cappuccino 60 0
    Nonfat Caffè Latte 100 0
    Nonfat Caramel Machiato 140 1
    Soy Tazo® Chai Tea Latte 170 2
    Nonfat Caffè Mocha – hold the whip 170 2
    Skinny Vanilla Latte 90 0
    Steamed Apple Juice 170 0
    Nonfat Vanilla Crème – hold the whip 150 0
    Caffè Americano 10 0

All suggestions based on a Tall serving (12 fl oz / 355 ml).
    U.S. and Canadian soymilk vary slightly.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just read Starbucks Tall Iced Skim Mocha has only 130 calories and only 2 grams of fat. http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2010/03/if-youre-going-to-eat-that-have-this-kind#slide=2
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How about just plain coffee? Throw some yummy stevia and cinnamon in there with just a tiny splash of nonfat milk, and you're set.
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i know it is not starbucks, but sugarfree/low cal hot chocolate in coffee makes a pretty tasty mocha.