Breast Feeding and Weight loss

Options
Is anyone else having trouble shedding extra LBs while breast feeding. Its like you hit a platuea after the major weight loss. I feel like I am always hungry.

Replies

• spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    anita, i will have my sister go to this post and comment here. she is in the same boat!! maybe you guys can help each other
  • blissfulbutt
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 3 month old and am always hungry too, like starving!
  • hollyferweda
    Options
    This is the story of my life. They tell you to eat between 2000 and 2500 while nursing and although i eat a ton, i continue to plateau...
  • lrgarza82
    lrgarza82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    me too ! when I first started I lost 6 pounds easy, since then I've gained it back and the scale hasn't budged an ounce in 2 months. I've started exercising, now I'm going to track my diet more rigorously and get my thyroid checked. It's super discouraging. All of my other friends with babies are back to their pre-pregnant weight because of breastfeeding and I still feel like a cow :(
  • tkiefe01
    tkiefe01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just stopped bf my 7 month old I could not make enough for him anymore HIS APPETITE IS HUGE. Anyways I struggled with weight loss but managed to loose all my preggo weight by the time my baby was 5 mos. Granted my supply was not great but I ate and ate I kept my cals to 1900 cals and ate things like barley and veggies. BARLEY is awesome at making milk. I excercised moderatley, but I really think it is all about what you eat. HTH!