new here

Options
Hi, my name is Paula and I just joined today. I had back surgery in December and was down for close to 3 months and in the process but on 20 pounds. I am approaching 45 and it is so much harder to lose it.

I have a Nintendo Wii and have been doing the EA Active workout and have cut down on my calories but no weight has come off in almost a month.

Thought I needed some additional help and support. I used to attend TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) and when i wrote what I hate it made me more aware of what I was eating.

I am pretty disgusted and frustrated but hoping this will help me get these 20 pounds off. 20 pounds might not sound like a lot to some people but I am only 5'1" and it is alot of extra weight for me.

Thanks, Paula

Replies

• jordan_vakil
    Options
    Welcome Paula. My advice would be to be as active as you can be. The Wii workout may just not be intensive enough. Try to get out of the house for walks or runs if you can do so. Hitting the gym for some cardio is my go-to. But I'm sure these are prob things you have already thought of yourself. Also try to change your eating habits. I've totally changed my eating habits and fell completely disgusted and weighed down if I cheat or eat something really sugary or to hearty and filling. Just really take a look at how active you are today and your eating habits today.. then pick it apart and see how you can improve.

Not sure if any of this helped at all. But hopefully just the support from this website can be hepful and inspiring and will get you and moving!! :smile:
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey Paula! Welcome to the group! I've been here for a week now and LOVE IT! MFP makes losing weight so easy. Just make sure you put down everything you eat. I saw where you've had back surgery last year. I'm 55 and I've had neck surgery for a ruptured disk. Maybe you can get outside and do some walking. I've lost 2 lbs in a week. My husband is doing it too and he's lost 4 lbs.

You can do it! Make some friends on here who can help you out and read the blogs and message boards, too.

Again, welcome!! We can help each other out!! :flowerforyou:
  • dpsloc92
    dpsloc92 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, I have a good feeling about this.
  • jenn50502
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenn...I am also pretty new here. I love the food journal here. For the past week, faithfully, I have been logging everything that goes in my mouth!! I have done really good, so far. I, too, am still recovering from surgery. I had a hysterectomy March 1, 2010. I am doing well now, and am able to get out and walk 3x/week....but haven't been able to really work out yet. Next week is 6 weeks since surgery, so I'll probably start my work out videos then. I like the Biggest Loser videos, they give a good work out and can be modified for back issues, as I have a bulging disc in my lower back.

Good luck on your journey...just keep the motivation, you'll do great!