Work is tough today :(

Today has been a tough day at work. I've been offered donuts, fresh baked cookies, pizza, chocolate, more cookies. I haven't had one bite. Everyone else is pigging out and I sort of feel like I'm missing out. I know it wouldnt be a big deal to allow one treat but I have a problem stopping and it would just make me want to eat everything so I'm just avoiding completely. I am tempted to cave in tho cuz I feel like I'm missing out. :/

Replies

• Findleyn
    Findleyn Posts: 19 Member
    all I can say is GREAT JOB on not caving! It takes a strong person to say to no to treats. Stay Strong...you can do it!

and, like you said, if you did have a treat, it wouldn't be a big deal, just remember tomorrow is another day!

:smile:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    I went to the gym and ran 6 miles on the treadmill. Now I can eat whatever I want and not have to worry about it.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    What exactly do you think you are missing out on? Try to put that into words for yourself. Stop seeing junk food as a treat if that is the issue. Do you honestly love all those foods or just some of them? Would you eat them even if your stomach was full to bursting or only if you were a little peckish?

You are missing out on gaining weight, having to do an painful extra hour or three in the gym to make up for it, spikes and troughs in blood sugar, feeling tired or sluggish later, digestive disturbances, triggering systemic inflammation that will make you unhealthier.