stupid flipping @$%&* Scale

If it were not for the fact that one of you kind people posted last week that in order to gain 5 pounds in two days you would have to have eaten 35K calories. I did not. However the scale didn't see it that way. I overate a little this weekend, just over the TOM, can't figure it out. The scale said I gained 6 pounds from Friday to Monday. I almost lost it, by not walking and really binge eating, but I didn't. I'm pretty sure the scale is broken, if not it will be :explode:

Replies

• cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    If it were not for the fact that one of you kind people posted last week that in order to gain 5 pounds in two days you would have to have eaten 35K calories. I did not. However the scale didn't see it that way. I overate a little this weekend, just over the TOM, can't figure it out. The scale said I gained 6 pounds from Friday to Monday. I almost lost it, by not walking and really binge eating, but I didn't. I'm pretty sure the scale is broken, if not it will be :explode:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Stay calm, TOM totally packs on the pounds. Thats most likely ALL water and then some. wait a week, then weigh again, you'll see.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    No worries, that's how my mondays always look! I tend to drink less water, there fore retaining water. (funny how that whole dang thing works....) Drink plenty of water and maybe have some cranberry juice and you should be good!
    :flowerforyou:
    M
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Being a women, water weight is especially frustrating. Any day, but especially during TOM I fluctuate 3-6 pounds. Try to weigh a minimum of once a week, less if you can stand it. (Hide your scale if need be.) At the same time of day (preferably right after you wake up), wearing exactly the same amount of clothing (Ex - PJ's).

Water is heavy... Just remember, 16 oz weighs a pound. So don't get discouraged.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Being a women, water weight is especially frustrating. Any day, but especially during TOM I fluctuate 3-6 pounds. Try to weigh a minimum of once a week, less if you can stand it. (Hide your scale if need be.) At the same time of day (preferably right after you wake up), wearing exactly the same amount of clothing (Ex - PJ's).

Water is heavy... Just remember, 16 oz weighs a pound. So don't get discouraged.
    same here. I guess its part of our curse.
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    thanks, perhaps the scale won't learn to fly out the window tonight.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Dont worry about it..it does sound like water weight..and let me tell you my scale is such a liar! Because I could weigh myself first thing in the morning...and then right before bed at night..and it is like two totally completely different people! Some weeks I can retain as much as 8 lbs of just water! I am not great at drinking water all day and I think that is half the problem.. and I NEVER weigh myself TOM..ever!!
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    thanks to you for that post I was feeling the exact same way, only I couldn't blame the scale because someone else uses the same one and they lost weight.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    thanks to you for that post I was feeling the exact same way, only I couldn't blame the scale because someone else uses the same one and they lost weight.

Oh boy do I understand that. My boyfriend and I can weigh ourselves then have a Dance Dance Revolution dance-off and weigh ourselves again. I'll gain 2 pounds and he'll lose 4.... I'm like WHAT THE &%@#$??? Seriously??? LOL.