Emotional Eating is getting the better of me.

Options
Hi

Hope that you are all well.

I am 38 years old, female and weigh FAR too much!
I am currently at almost 180lbs and I am very unhappy with my weight and the way that it is affecting every part of my life but in particular my health.

I feel like I am on a vicious merry go round, my clothes are tight, I feel fat and miserable and I eat all the wrong stuff and far too much of it, my clothes get tighter, I feel even more fat and miserable and again turn to food, I am letting food rule my life.
I don't know how to break the cycle.
Any ideas/advice/kicks up the butt would be so very appreciated. xx

Replies

• trophylicious
    trophylicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I can definitely sympathize! It's a vicious roller coaster and nobody understands it unless they themselves have gone for a round or two. I'm not going to lie, this morning I was feeling down and wanted to pull on of my fave destructive moves... order in some diner food and just pig out. Then I remembered a conversation I had with one of my friends just last night.

She asked me something and when I really thought it through, I came up with this answer: I can't let my circumstances (be those in my control or not) determine my happiness with myself. We both know this is so much easier said than done!! Her question had to do with my present $$$ situation, so I had to really be honest with myself on that answer. Stress will always happen. ALWAYS. We know this... it's how we deal... and in days like today...I have to fight it 1 bite at a time. Not one day, not one hour, one bite at a time.

Then I saw this vlog on youtube and felt like the universe was trying to tell me to be a big girl and pull up my big girl panties about my weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-DhMgfds6U

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you ever need more encouragement!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider therapy to uncover and work through the triggers for your binges. I can attest to the success, most of my emotional eating is gone. It still slips in now and again but I can usually recognize it and direct or stop it.
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very much for your comments x

i am going to pay much more attention today and show some self control! :)
    wish me luck!! xx