Quick and easy side dish ideas for Christmas

Options
ejoy319
ejoy319 Posts: 104
Trying to plan Christmas Dinner and bored with the same old same old. I would love to get some new recipe ideas!!

Replies

• jbdowns35
    Options
    Me too! And I'm running out of time!!
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    AMBROSIA SALAD!
    -get a couple of cans of fruit cocktail, a tub of cool whip, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows. drain fruit, mix in marshmallows, fold in cool whip, top with mandarin oranges, cherries, and coconut. cover and refridgerate for a few hours before serving.

CANDIED YAMS
    -a couple large cans of yams, a bag of mini marshmallows, a can of crushed pineapple with juice, cinnamon , and brown sugar to taste, add ingredients and bake for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    AMBROSIA SALAD!
    -get a couple of cans of fruit cocktail, a tub of cool whip, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows. drain fruit, mix in marshmallows, fold in cool whip, top with mandarin oranges, cherries, and coconut. cover and refridgerate for a few hours before serving.

CANDIED YAMS
    -a couple large cans of yams, a bag of mini marshmallows, a can of crushed pineapple with juice, cinnamon , and brown sugar to taste, add ingredients and bake for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees

Sounds good
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Antipasto salad

Drained garbanzo beans
    Roasted red peppers, cut up
    Canned artichokes, quartered
    Baby Bella's, sliced
    Small black olives
    Mozz pearls, or string cheese, cut up
    Chopped green onion
    Mix together and toss with Italian dressing

Make a few hours ahead to allow flavors to blend.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump to see other ideas...