Deodorant question

Options
Valqis
Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
I live in the South and tend to work out in the morning and shower at the gym and the deodorant that I use tends to melt when I leave it in my gymbag, even tho it is "body-heat activated"??? I changed to Degree from Speed Stick after it did the same thing. I know this is probably a question of personal opinion, but which deodorant tends to "hold up better" in a hot car, or is there a better way to make sure that the deodorant does not melt that I am not aware of?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I was going to tell you to just keep it in your purse...but you're a guy so that won't work.
    Maybe, a spray type?
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Are you using a deodorant stick or is it anti-perspirant too?
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have the answer to cure your melting deodorant question...

First off deodorant should be applied at night. Right before you go to bed apply your deodorant. Now you want be bringing this with you and having it melt. :)
    The reason to apply deodorant is at night, is people sweat less and the deodorant will absorb into your pores better.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have the answer to cure your melting deodorant question...

First off deodorant should be applied at night. Right before you go to bed apply your deodorant. Now you want be bringing this with you and having it melt. :)
    The reason to apply deodorant is at night, is people sweat less and the deodorant will absorb into your pores better.

But it sounds like he works out and then goes straight to work from the gym....I think he needs to reaply... :)
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Yes, I go straight from the gym to work, and do not want to offend later on in the day. :sick:
    It is anti-perspirant/deodorant combination stick
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know what kind of job you have or if you even have a desk, but if you do, can you keep some deodorant in your desk at work? I keep a travel sized one in my desk drawer so I can reapply in the case I go out to walk at lunch (I'm also in the south & we're dealing with 90+ degrees early this year... :grumble:)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I work out during lunch and I just bring my gym bag into the office with me and reapply in the bathroom when I get back to work.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Well, I don't know what kind of job you have or if you even have a desk, but if you do, can you keep some deodorant in your desk at work? I keep a travel sized one in my desk drawer so I can reapply in the case I go out to walk at lunch (I'm also in the south & we're dealing with 90+ degrees early this year... :grumble:)

Don't mention the weather it's like we skipped Spring...went from winter to summer within weeks. There was snow on the ground less than a month ago and yesterday the high was 85 degrees. Yuck...sometimes I hate living in GA.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Do you have the option to rent a locker at the gym? If not then leave it at work, and apply it in the bathroom when you first arrive.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

hehehehe:laugh: I didn't even know there were two different things out there, and what was the difference.
    I was wearing deodorant but I felt it wore off after 8 hours. Then I switched to an anti-perspirant, and it protection was a LOT better.

Valqis - I agree, have it at work. or try and pick up . Gilette Gel transparant "triple action"
    I think it's one of the best that I have ever used. It's gel, so I think that could solve your problem of it melting.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I've had no luck finding stick deodorants that do not melt in the car. I travel quite a bit, so I usually have some in a duffel bag in the car. The only recommendation I would have is to go with the liquid deodorant that has the roller ball on the top, but I'm not sure if men have the option. The only problem there, though, would be that it might freeze in the winter if you live in a cold place!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    A deodorant stick just cover the smell. Anti-perspirant helps with the sweating.

hehehehe:laugh: I didn't even know there were two different things out there, and what was the difference.
    I was wearing deodorant but I felt it wore off after 8 hours. Then I switched to an anti-perspirant, and it protection was a LOT better.

Valqis - I agree, have it at work. or try and pick up . Gilette Gel transparant "triple action"
    I think it's one of the best that I have ever used. It's gel, so I think that could solve your problem of it melting.
  • silversurfer
    Options
    I use a "deodorant" called "Salt of the Earth". I'm in the UK but it's available in the US under a different brand name, but I can't remember what it's called there. It's a natural salt of pure Ammonium Alum and it definitely won't melt in the heat. It prevents the bacteria that causes odor from developing and multiplying and leaves you odor free for at least 24 hours. It's kind of expensive (around £4.89/$7.50), but one crystal lasts for like a year. I highly recommend it.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I use a "deodorant" called "Salt of the Earth". I'm in the UK but it's available in the US under a different brand name, but I can't remember what it's called there. It's a natural salt of pure Ammonium Alum and it definitely won't melt in the heat. It prevents the bacteria that causes odor from developing and multiplying and leaves you odor free for at least 24 hours. It's kind of expensive (around £4.89/$7.50), but one crystal lasts for like a year. I highly recommend it.

This is strictly a deoderant...not an antiperspirent. You'll still be sweaty, just not stinky.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Why not try a roll-on or a spray instead of a stick?
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    How about a small "cooler" (like an insulated lunch bag) with one of those blue ice blocks in it? Just remember to change the ice blocks out every morning...
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    What if you tried a non-solid? I know my husband wears some sometimes...its like a click up gel?
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's called Crystal Stick here in the States. I used to use it, but found that it definitely wore off by the end of the day.

I agree with trying a gel deodorant/antiperspirant. Good luck! :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I've had no luck finding stick deodorants that do not melt in the car. I travel quite a bit, so I usually have some in a duffel bag in the car. The only recommendation I would have is to go with the liquid deodorant that has the roller ball on the top, but I'm not sure if men have the option. The only problem there, though, would be that it might freeze in the winter if you live in a cold place!

Avon sells these for men and women. :happy:
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It's called Crystal Stick here in the States. I used to use it, but found that it definitely wore off by the end of the day.

I agree with trying a gel deodorant/antiperspirant. Good luck! :)

i use one in the winter but have to use something else in the summer cause of sweating and stink -
    i second seeing if you can get a locker at the gym or keep a stick in your briefcase (if applicaple) or if you are at a desk in your desk. or if you have a locker at work (some jobs do) you could keep a stick there.